Chapter XXII: Nearing The End

~.~

"The End Is Always Someone's Beginning..."

~.~

[October 22, 2005 - Saturday]

It was now later that night...

As Takemichi laid in his twin-sized bed, remembering everything that had happened earlier that day. He recapped how (Y/N) and Baji joined Valhalla, agreed to crush Toman, and were perfectly fine with killing Mikey.

Takemichi could barely wrap his head around any of this. How could his mission just grow more difficult in the span of just one singular day? And why did (Y/N) of all people just suddenly...go along with it?

"I knew (Y/N) must've been manipulated by Hanma but...I didn't expect her to just...join Valhalla...!" Takemichi murmured to himself, turning on his side as he gazed upon the small photo of the two of them.

It was the same photo that Takemichi had kept since they were kids; although it was taken a long time ago, and the frame was cracked thanks to Mikey and Draken's 'altercation', he still couldn't bring himself to get rid of it. Nor could he keep himself from reading the banner that hung over their small heads in the photo.

"To New Beginnings!!"

His sadness worsens upon reading it, "And not to mention, she punched me...? My cheek still hurts..." He groaned; reaching up to cup his cheek, whining upon contact, 'How can I possibly explain this to Mikey? He'll kill me for sure...'

"I was forced to watch as you got the things you wanted while I had to carry you all the way there. Every time I fought for you, lied for you, bled for you? You never turned around and gave me any sort of gratitude."

'(Y/N)...is that really how you felt about me this whole entire time...? Was our friendship... all a lie?'

Takemichi's frown deepens, his body rotating as his back hit the soft sheets of his bed, 'This entire time...I thought I was the only one who knew how to negotiate with (Y/N)...and yet...?'

Memories begin to flash through Takemichi's head, his brain burning with the sorrow he now felt; and he couldn't keep (Y/N)'s cruel words from replaying in his head, 'I guess...since the very beginning...? I don't think I ever knew who (Y/N) really was...'

Takemichi's knuckles turn white as he clutched the blankets that rested on his sore body, 'Damn it...! At this rate? (Y/N) will only follow the same path she did in that horrible future...! And I have no way of convincing her to back outta this...!!'

A soft curse slips from Takemichi's lips; his frustration was growing in an instant, 'Mikey...I don't think...I'll be able to complete this mission! Not with (Y/N) acting this way...'

"If you want Kisaki out of Toman? Bring Baji back here and have (Y/N) join Toman..."

"And by any means necessary? Get her away from Hanma."

A lump swells up in Takemichi's throat, 'That's impossible, Mikey...! How the hell am I gonna be able to do that before Toman throws down?!'

"Everything that follows, is on your hands. Which also means? What happens to Baji, (Y/N), and Toman? Is on you."

Takemichi shakes his head, placing his pillow on top of his face, 'How is that even fair?! That's way too much pressure!'