Chapter 18: The Exquisite Horror

"I see you finally found a competent friend," the voice of Bianca spoke. "Even if it is a plant." The insult went over Harry's head, but not Wednesday's. It was offensive that the girl thought of Harry so lowly. Bianca was clearly the one who lacked competence. Harry was wonderful, he was perfect.

Harry was ignorant to the situation as he smiled at Thing. Thing who had been informing them of news that had been troubling. Harry tried not to worry, the stress worked up his fun abilities. Well they were fun when it did not feel like bugs under his skin.

"I go for quality over quantity," Wednesday told the girl in response. After all Bianca was like a nasty roach she wished to squish. The siren rolled her eyes and went off to her seat. Harry bounced after Wednesday, as the  girl also went to the tables.

Wednesday found a table. To her detestment Xavier was seated in the seat at this table sketching a spider. Harry blushed and smiled when he saw the boy he liked.

"Move," Wednesday told Xavier getting his attention. Harry stayed oblivious not caring about their hatred for one another. Harry was happy to step away and stare at a plant. He found the odd leave quite fascinating.

"Are you sure you can sit in the same chair as an elitist snob?" Xavier questioned out of spite. He was not fond of Wednesday getting in the way of his presuite for Harry. He found him quite beautiful and had enjoyed his... Time with Harry.

Wednesday gave him a look and went to the seat. Being so close to the boy who wanted to steal her Harry made her quite unhappy. A glare was present on her eyes as she sat.

"Cone sit, Harry," Wednesday demanded getting Harry's attention. With the happy smile Harry headed over to Wednesday. Knowing what her request meant Harry carefully sat on her lap. She secured an arm around his waist to help keep him secure in his spot. Xavier gave them a look that Harry had not caught. Wednesday did, she knew what this situation did to Xavier.

From the front Thornhill saw this seating arrangement. She was not pleased. However, due to a lack of chairs there was not much that she could do.

Xavier held his hand over his drawing. Harry noticed this sn looked on with an interested look. He waits, and watches. Quickly the drawing was stepping off of the slice of paper. Harry let out a little squeak and leaned back against Wednesday. However, soon he was observing it. Wondering how it worked.

"I doubt," Thornhill spoke from the front of the classroom, "Harry and Wednesday are impressed by your tricks, Mr. Thorpe."

"I am," Harry's voice whispered, putting a little smirk on Xavier's lips. Disliking this, Wednesday did something about it. He would not tolerate the smug snob praying on her Harry. As a result Wednesday slammed her hand over the spider. The arachnid became nothing more than graphite dust. Many of the students let out a chuckle or s laugh. This included Harry as he let out a little giggle. A sound Wednesday found herself becoming fond of.

Thornhill did stop the fun by speaking, "Harry, Wednesday, we're thrilled to have you join us on our journey into the world of carnivorous plants." Harry was then pulled into the topic. The word carnivorous being one he liked

"Now... who can tell us the name of this beauty?" Thornhill asked the class. A few hands went up one being Bianca's.

"Dendrophylax lindenii," Wednesday spoke not caring to raise her hand. Harry clapped quietly for his friend. Xavier rolled his eyes.

Bianca spoke, "Otherwise known as the ghost orchid." Wednesday would not be one upped.

"First discovered on the Isle of Wight in 1854." Harry was so proud of the knowledge Wednesday had. Even if it made him feel a bit unworthy of her friendship. He was truly grateful she viewed him as decent enough to give attention to.

"Very good Wednesday," Thornhill complimented. "You may have competition for first chair, Bianca." Harry giggled as he sat back against Wednesday. He found her hold so comforting despite who she was. Done may view his opinion as crazy. The class let out a dramatic sound created such unnecessary drama.

"Wednesday," Thornhill addressed, "perhaps you can identify the ghost orchid's greatest qualities." Bianca gave her a look. Her posture was so know it all like. It reminded Harry of one of his bullies from middle school. Her name had been Hermione, and Harry was not a fan. The girl would I dukt and tell him he was a freak. Told him he was unnatural for an attribute he was born with. It had not been a choice, but Harry adored that he had received such a anatomical gift.

"Resilience and adaptability," Wednesday answered fast and confidently. "It's able to thrive in even the most hostile environments." Harry had expected nothing less. Wednesday was not one to be beat by know it all bullies.

"But," of course Bianca had to but in, "its mere presence can change the ecosystem, causing the established plants to reject it." Harry began feeling a little annoyed. Although he loved Wednesday's voice, Bianca's was not one he found quite as pleasant.

"Usually," yay, Wednesday would not be halted, "because the native species is allowed to thrive unchecked. Nothing a weed wacker couldn't fix." Harry giggled. Nothing like a spinning knife to get rid of the nuisance in your life.

"You can most certainly try," Bianca shot back. Harry then understood what was occuring.

"Why'd we stop talking about flowers?" Harry asked innocently and elegantly. Wednesday felt some emotion at the words Harry uttered. Even though his quiet voice prevented many from hearing him.

"Thank you, for those illuminating insights," Thornhill addressed stopping the competitive conversation. "Clearly plants are not the only carnivores in class today."

Harry simply smiled and fiddled with a piece of his black hair. Wednesday looked ahead as she held Harry tight. Education was proving to be quite the infuriating headache.

XxX

Alright Chapter eighteen! I hope you liked it, please comment and share what you think.

If there is anything you hope to see in the future let me know it it might be incorporated.

Reminder whoever comments the most by the end of this story can make any request as long as it involves Harry Potter!