17

"I cannot believe my mom had an affair baby. I couldn't sleep just thinking about that and then they go and give Damon up for adoption."JR ranted as I watched him pace up and down my dorm room frantically.

"JR, come here."I muttered as I looked up at him which made him suddenly stopped before he made his way over to me, I patted the spot next to me on my bed making his sit right beside me.

I placed my hand on his chin before I made him look at me and I could see that he was in the verge of tears.

"I am sorry you had to find out that your mother had an affair with Damon's father but as heartless as this may sound it has already happened baby and little can be changed about that so take this information and do something else with it besides overthinking about it because you will just find yourself going into circles and that will eventually run your mental health dry so take this and go talk to your now half brother Damon. Imagine how he must be feeling right now."I muttered I looked into his eyes sympathetically.

"I just don't want to think about it today."he groaned as he leaned back onto my bed.

"I know what would get your mind off everything."I muttered as I looked down at him with a small smile.

"Yeah?"he asked whilst he ran his hands over his face tiredly.

"Home cooked Southern meal."I replied as I smirked as gently rubbed his thigh which made him peak over his hands.

"How could I say no to a home cooked meal?"he asked as he sat up and gave me a small smile.

"Good. Go get ready."I replied as I tapped his thigh a couple of times before I got up to take out my outfit for today.

"I'll meet you in the quad?"he asked before he kissed my cheek a couple of times before I left my dorm room.

I got dressed into my tight fitting black maxi dress, cute black sandles before spraying on my signature sweet scented perfume and I made my way to the quad, I found myself waiting in the quad for 30 minutes before JR finally decided to show up.

"Come on. Mom said she left us a rental car her--there it is."I said as I pointed to the car that lit up as soon as I pressed the remote but when I stepped closer to the car JR grabbed the keys from my hand.

"Can't let my girl drive."he simply said before I kissed my cheek and opened the passenger door for me.

"Why not? You think I can't drive?"I asked with attitude laced in my words as I slowly walked towards him whilst crossing my arms.

"I know you can drive but you're going to be a passenger princess when you're with me. Get in."he softly said as he gestured towards the seat which made me smile hard before I got into the car and sat comfortably before he shut the door.

"Let's go."He mumbled as he got into the car, buckled up his seat belt before he started the car and drove off.

Whilst he drove he had his once hand on my thigh, he gently squeezed it from time to time and travelled to my inner thigh which made me smirk at him before I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

"You gonna love my granny and she's going to like you too. She's been asking me about boys for such a long time now."I spoke as I held his hand, he quickly moved our hands to the shift the gear and they both remained there which gave me butterflies as usual.

"Is that so? Just like you then?"he sarcastically asked which made glare at him.

"I don't like you."I mumbled with a huge smile on my face, I tried my best to sound serious and look serious but I was failing miserably.