𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

"WHAT IN DANGO'S IS THAT?!"

The warrior doll crumbled down and revealed something inside, it stood upright. Tanjiro and Kotetsu held onto each other in shock and bewilderment.

"IT LOOKS LIKE A SWORD—!"

"THAT MUST BE FIVE HUNDRED YEARS OLD!"

"MY BODY IS SO HYPED OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!" Tanjiro panted heavily in excitement. He then yelled in frustration. "AHHHH I CAN'T STOP GETTING EXCITED!"

"TANJIRO-SAN! YOU TAKE IT!"

He snapped his head over with his face turning red. "NO I CAN'T! SO MANY SWORDS STRUCK IT AND SO HAPPENED TO CRUMBLE NOW WHEN I ATTACKED IT?!"

"Tanjiro! You're own sword wasn't being forged anyways! So take it! Metal forged during the Sengoku Era is very high quality."

"I'M GONNA— I'M GONNA GET IT!"

The red head took the sword from the ancient doll. He kneeled down and looked over every fine detail. It was so old yet held together. He observed every fine detail; from the smallest crack to the roughness of the sheath. His hands were shaking so bad with eagerness he almost couldn't bear it. His heart feeling like it would burst at any second.

He finally removed the sword about four inches and found the large splotches all over the blade.

His excitement then vanished as he and Koketsu fell on their backs at what was all over.

It's rusted...

"Well, to be fair, it's been sitting there for five hundred years. Sorry for getting you worked up over noth— OH MY GOSH TANJIRO-SAN—!"

His lips were pressed down as tears fell down his face.

"ARE YOU OKAY?!"

"Yeah... I'm fine... totally fine."

"WHAAA I'M SORRY!"

A loud stomping sound pierced through their ears drums. Tanjiro sat upright quickly and watched closely. A figure unknown to them began to emerge from from the forest.

Then they realized who exactly it was.

"WHAT THE— HAGANEZUKA-SAN?!" Tanjiro shouted in surprise.

"I heard you! Leave it to me!"

"Leave what to you!"

"He means the sword, Tanjiro-San!" Koketsu yelled back. Tanjiro didn't even have time to fully process what the boy just said until the very buff Haganezuka started to try and grab the sword from Tanjiro's hands. This resulted in a full on tug of war.

"WAIT WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO TAKE IT?! LET GO!"

"Just leave it to me!"

"Please just tell me why!"