one hundred & five

one hundred & five, soulmates in another life

austin sat beside priscilla for an interview to promote elvis.

he sadly looked to his right at the empty space, wishing elsie was there before he looked up at the camera and faked a smile.

"today i'm joined by elvis star, austin butler, and priscilla presley. it's truly an honor to have both of you here today." the interviewer smiled at the two.

"it's an honor to be here with you today." austin smiled with a curt nod.

"unfortunately, elsie isn't joining us today because she's on her worldwide tour. have either of you spoken with her or seen any of her shows?" the interviewer asked the two.

"i had the privilege to see her in las vegas and she was phenomenal! she had britney spears perform with her and the two sounded amazing together. elsie was truly meant to be a performer." priscilla smiled fondly.

"and you, austin? were you able to see one of elsie's performances?" the interviewer asked softly.

"uh, yeah. i was actually at her opening show in los angeles and she absolutely killed it. it was great to be able to see her doing something that she's been wanting to do for a very long time." austin smiled genuinely.

"is there any hope that we will have an elsie and austin reunion anytime soon?" the interviewer asked with a shy smile.

"um, i'm not quite sure, if i'm being completely honest. hopefully one day." austin answered honestly.

"how was it like working for a role like this? how was it like preparing for the role?" the interviewer asked austin.

"it was an honor to be able to tell the story of elvis and being able to carry his legacy. it was a very long process for me to be able to fully transform into him but i think i speak for everyone when i say that we're very proud of what we've accomplished." austin smiled.

"how was it like casting austin as elvis?" the interviewer asked priscilla.

"it was a long process because we had so many talented actors come in and audition for elvis but when we watched austin, we all immediately knew he was our elvis." priscilla smiled fondly.

"and how was the process of casting who would be playing you in this movie?" the interviewer asked.

"it was very difficult because we couldn't find someone that made me say, 'that's me.' we had been filming for almost a year before we found elsie. of course, we had olivia de jong as the number one contender and we almost called off the auditions and went with olivia but baz had just been informed that elsie had come out of her hiatus and was approached by denis for dune 2.

so we had immediately jumped at the opportunity and we got into contact with her manager roxanne and we expressed how we would like for elsie to play me in this film and we wanted do a chemistry screening with austin to confirm if she'd be the right fit as priscilla.

elsie and austin didn't know it was more of a chemistry screening rather than their first day of  filming. we wanted everything to be purely natural.

elsie and roxanne agreed and when elsie had walked in, i immediately knew she was who i envisioned to portray me in this movie.

it was like looking into a mirror when elsie was in full hair, makeup and costume." priscilla explained as austin looked over and listened intently.

"and when the two were acting together, i knew we had found our priscilla. olivia was a very talented actress but elsie was our priscilla.

elsie's and austin's chemistry throughout the entire movie was something i had never witnessed in my life. they were our elvis and priscilla and in a way, they reminded me of elvis and i when we were young." priscilla smiled fondly.

"were there any behind the scenes moments that either of you enjoyed?" the interviewer asked as she read the question from her cards.

"one of the few moments that i was able to witness was austin and elsie in her trailer. they were getting ready to film a scene and austin had went in to check if she was almost ready and when i went to check on the two, they were singing to some of elvis' songs together and they even danced together." priscilla smiled as a blush rose to austin's cheeks.

"elsie had created an entire playlist dedicated for the film and it only had elvis songs on it and i remember suspicious minds had come on and she told me to either join her and sing or leave and so we were basically singing suspicious minds together as we danced around her trailer.

after we finished singing, can't help falling in love played and we slow danced together before we were both pulled to set." austin informed the interviewer with a soft smile.

"but one of my favorite behind the scenes moments with elsie was when i had taken her to the zoo and watching her face completely brighten when she was meeting the giraffes is something that is engraved in my mind as one of my favorite moments while filming elvis." austin answered honestly.

"it seems the two of you have very fond memories with elsie."

"it's hard not to when you spent four months getting to know someone and spending the entire four months together. she's become a big part of our lives and we're both grateful to have had time to get to know her." austin answered honestly and priscilla nodded with a smile.

"is there hope that she'll attend the premiere for june 24th at graceland?" the interviewer asked the two.

"i made it clear to elsie that she is welcome to join us for elvis' premiere but with her touring schedule, we understand if she's unable to join us at graceland but we do hope that she's there with us." priscilla smiled.

"thank you for sitting down with me and letting me ask you guys questions. elvis will be out in theaters jume 24th!"

BELLA'S CORNER

stop, i'm crying

the way they both spoke about elsie has me in tears 🥹

if anyone's interested, sinners desire will be coming in 2023 so stay tuned!

also, elsie will be cast as emily for the live action corpse bride, i just need ideas for victoria and the other characters 😭 i already have who will be playing victor 😏

austin and elsie are elvis and priscilla, change my mind 🤨

anyways, here's the last update for 2022 and i want to say thank you for staying here and reading cardigan! i absolutely love you and can't wait for what's to come!