New Year's Kiss

You grin as you walk into the party, finding your friends dancing together. Olivia and Conan spot you and cheer. You walk over and hug them tight.

"Hey guys, you look so good", they smile, and you all walk over to the bar, getting yourselves some drinks.

Conan looks across the bar and spots someone. He turns to you both and tells you he'll return soon.

You and Olivia sip your drinks, and she smirks at you. "Hey, Y/n, do you know who you'll kiss at midnight?"

You chuckle, pinching her cheek teasingly. "I was planning to give my gorgeous best friend a kiss, babe."

She laughs before looking over your shoulder, a smirk on her lips again. "I think you'll change your mind on that one."

You turn around, seeing Conan and Jenna walking towards you. You turn to Olivia with wide eyes. They both know full well how you feel about her.

Olivia hugs you quickly, whispering, "You'll thank me later."
She pulls back from the hug to walk up to Jenna.

They greet each other, and you look at Conan. He sends you a wink, and you chuckle.

You turn to Jenna with a smile. "Hi, it's so great to finally meet you" Her grin makes the butterflies in your stomach explode.

She pulls you into a hug before responding, "You too! I heard you're quite the fan from these two."

You look at Conan and Olivia to find them with shit-eating grins on their faces. They're so proud of themselves for finally setting you two up.

You blush, shaking your head with a chuckle. The four of you enjoy your drinks and talk for a bit.

You feel a hand on your arm, and you look to see Jenna smiling softly at you. She leans forward and whispers in your ear, "Dance with me, Y/n?"

You nod, taking her hand gently and pulling her to the dance floor. You both enjoy yourselves, dancing and laughing for a bit.

You look up at the giant screen in the middle of the dance floor, seeing the time:

11:59:00

Jenna follows your gaze and smirks, stepping closer to you and touching your cheek.

You look down at her, confidence suddenly overwhelming you as you hold her waist gently.

You give her a soft smile, whispering into her ear, "Do me a favour and be my midnight kiss, will you?"

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

She wraps her arms around your neck, kissing you deeply as you hear everyone cheering loudly with the clock striking midnight.

You're too in the moment to see Conan and Olivia squealing excitedly, watching you both happily. Olivia was right. You're definitely thanking her for this later.

Total words: 434

A/N

7 mins before 2023 haha

Thought I'd write one last one and I somehow managed it.

Happy new year everyone ❤️