04

The only sound that could be heard in the hallways of the abandoned building was the quiet click of shoes meeting with the dusty ugly ceramic floor of the building, a perfect silence engulfing the two young sorcerers as they were traveling across the dark and cold hallways of the abandoned hospital. The night sky that the veil was showing added more to the spooky effect. There was dust flying in the air glowing at the little light that had outside, giving a certain smell in the air that was uncomfortable to have under the nose. There were also little and big crumbs of paint on the ugly ceramic floor, the crumbs coming from the walls that were slowly but surely losing all of their paint, maybe because of humidity or simply because of the effects of the time. There were scattered objects, some covered by a generous layer of dust and others being dirty as a bonus. Some clothes, broken furniture, bed covers, and toys for small children, were the objects that were abandoned for now many years, being left untouched for god knows how long. Some broken windows, broken doors, broken ceramic slabs on the floor, broken wheelchairs, broken beds, and on, and on.

These kinds of emplacements were quite common for sorcerers as many negative emotions could be associated with these kinds of places. Hospitals, schools, graveyards, suicide spots, abandoned buildings, and many more were very common to see with curses around.

But even after months of going on missions like this one, it was always giving some goosebumps to Leoni, and he found it annoying. He was taking too much time to adapt and it was pissing him off. And it's not like he was not trying, he was trying. As hard as he could muster and yet, still barely anything. He had grown, yes, but so little.

He didn't know what was not working in him, but he hoped that it would eventually go away.

While for Misaki, she was silently observing her junior, taking mental notes of whatever could be useful. The first thing she had noticed when getting a sight of the first year, was the excessive amount of curse energy flowing through his body. She had been told that he had a lot of difficulties controlling his cursed energy, and she could only guess that it was because he couldn't handle so much energy, which was totally normal if he had never been introduced to cursed energy before in his life. He had almost as much cursed energy as his teacher, Satoru. She was sure that the older sorcerer had noticed, but she didn't know if Gojo had informed Leoni about it yet. She also noticed a katana imbued with cursed energy at the side of his hips. Apparently, he was a pretty good swordsman. In hand-to-hand combat, Leoni was excellent. For him, weapons and combat were much more easier to learn than cursed energy.

Well, at least he wasn't totally hopeless.

"Which grade are you?" Finally asked Misaki as she couldn't handle the cold silence anymore. Leoni continued to walk, purposely taking a lot of time before answering her.

"Three." He flatly stated, putting an end to the discussion as he was already getting annoyed by her voice.

The third year slightly cringed at the short and cold answer she got, not really understanding why he was so cold and brief with her.

She didn't really was too fond of people like Leoni. People who could only express themselves with annoyance, disinterest, disgust, or annoyance. She never really understood why some people would act so coldly, but she wasn't quick to judge anyone. She knew that sometimes, some people can go through hard times, and even if it didn't excuse their attitude, she could still sometimes understand why they acted this way.

"I heard that you were pretty good with weapons!" Misaki settled on a subject that she considered like a safe one. Her goal was to know him better and she decided to start with a simple subject. She didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable.