CHAPTER 61

Valerie's POV

Everything inside of me is in disarray and I can't even think properly with him beside me and his hand holding onto mine firmly like I was going to be out of sight the next minute.

Well, that's what I plan to do. I'm going off.

The moment John enters the gate and halts in the driveway, I open the door, releasing my hand from his hand, and off I go, walking briskly towards the front door.

"Valerie?!" He calls and I begin to hear the sound of his approaching feet.

I increase my pace and when I am inside, I rush towards the staircase, taking two at a time.

"Valerie?!" His voice booms from nowhere, louder than before, and I wonder how he managed to come this close within minutes.

I do not stop. I am too embarrassed to look him in the face and tell him anything. I can't even think of anything to say.

I don't even know what I want. The last time I checked, I was done with men but with his confession, I am so fucking confused that I no longer know what I want.

I twist the door in a hurry and rush in but before I can close the door back, something stops it from closing, making me twirl back abruptly to see Ryan sticking his leg in to stop the door from closing.

With embarrassment creeping to my face as our eyes meet, I leave the door and venture into my room.

He follows.

"Hey, what's the matter?" He spins me around to face him before I can get to flop heavily on the bed.

I know what I'm supposed to do. Either tell him off or accept him but I want none of that. I just want everything to be the way it used to be; when we fight, reconcile, smile, go out, laugh, and piss each other off. 

It's way more fun than this. What if it doesn't work out? What if I am still stuck in my past and I don't really want to move on with another man and definitely not Ryan?

He deserves better. A better woman.

"Val, talk to me. I thought you wanted to say something a while ago", he raises my jaw with the tip of his two fingers as he peers at me with curiosity. "Are you ok?"

"Yes, Ryan", I answer, unable to recognize my own voice. "I'm fine."

I just need some more time to think this over. I need time to accept the reality I am faced with but I can't tell him that.

He sighs deeply, thereby arousing my curiosity.

Does he love me that much? When did this start? How come I never knew or noticed he was getting attracted to me? Is he disappointed?

We didn't plan for this. The deal was to be married for twenty months, fake a pregnancy to make his dying mother happy, and then go our separate ways but his preposition is going to ruin the whole plan and deter us from leaving after a few months.

"I thought we were on to something, Val. Are we…", he trails off, sighs again, and then with a determined expression on his face, he raises my jaw higher. "I just need a yes or a no and that's all. That will determine what will happen next."

"What will happen next?" I find myself asking, wishing I can read through his mind. I want to know everything that goes through his mind each second and also know how serious he really is about this.

Is this just about the sex? Can't he get it from someone outside?

"If it's a yes, fine…"

"And what if it's a no?" I cut him short hurriedly, locking my gaze with him.

He remains silent for a while and I see his Adam's apple popping down before he nods. "It's fine too."

Lowering my head, I bite my lower lips and shut my eyes, trying so hard to make a decision right away.

I don't want to make a decision I would regret. I don't want to do something that will make me unhappy.

This was how it all started with Fred. I ventured into a relationship with him and it ended badly. 

How can I be so sure that this will work out when we are supposed to be separated in a few months? Will he be up to my expectations? What if he can't keep up with my craziness?

"It's a no, right?" He asks me, pulling me out of the trance. I stare at him as he demands again firmly. "It's a no, right?"

I try to look away but he turns my face to him again, firmly yet gently. "Silence is an answer, Val. If it's a yes, you don't need to think too deeply about it. Everything about you will scream it out but your silence is saying otherwise."

"Since you have got it all figured out then there is absolutely no reason for me to say it out again", I retort, mad at him for the assumptions.

I need no mouthpiece. I wasn't saying anything because I didn't want to hurt him but here he is trying to act as if he got me all figured out and he knows every inch about my existence.

I snap my head away from his hold and turn my back to him. He spins me around again just like I expect and we stare at each other in silence with his hand on my waist.

Just like I am thinking, he brushes his lips against mine, dragging me closer to himself and exploring the upper part of my lips before finally concentrating on the lower lip.

It feels like my breath is hitched inside of me and I can't let it out while his lips are on mine.

I want to push him away but I find myself caged in between his two strong arms. 

Moving to the edge of my lips, he bites me slowly, making me realize what we are doing. He can't just kiss me all he wants and then leave and assume that I want something far from this.

I push him away eventually. We are both breathless and I avoid his gaze.

"If it's a no, just like I said, then I will make sure I do everything within my power for you to like me henceforth. We can go on several dates, parties, vacations, picnics, or anything you want. Just name it and it's…"

"Ryan", I interrupt him from going further and shake my head in response. I am not interested in any of that. 

I just wish he would stop with all the kisses and let me figure things out on my own. These kisses confuse me so much that I can barely think about him without thinking about his kisses.

They are so relaxing and heavenly. They make me feel alive and active, yet I do not want them.

"Ok, then. Good night", he says with a half smile that barely reaches his eyes. His eyes say otherwise. He isn't happy that I didn't give a positive response today like he thought I would when he brought the topic up a while ago before John came with the car.

"Good night", I fold my arms around my bosom and watch him move to the door. 

Without a glance, he takes the door out and I stroll to the door to lock it. After locking the door, I turn my back to the door and facepalm myself with a groan escaping my mouth.

Each time I make a resolution to stop the kisses, he keeps doing it and I keep finding myself unable to stop him or tell him off.

What the hell is wrong with me? This isn't the right way to get my feelings sorted out.

A loud knock jerks me out of my reverie making me jump upright in fright. Wondering who it can be, I turn to the door and turn the doorknob to open the door.

There stands Ryan.

With a devilish smile.

Before I can ask what he is here for, he pecks me on the forehead and brushes his lips against mine again before dashing off into thin air while I stand there with my mouth agape.

****

Ryan is madly in love with her😂😂😂😂

The crazy drama queen is proving hard to get☺️😘

What can he do to make her fall in love with him too?

Air your views and don't forget to vote❤️