40: Author Was Shit-Faced While Publishing This Chapter

A/N: Sorry for disappearing, I was literally too caught up on that Genshin grind and it WILL get worse from here because I gotta save and grind for Al-Haitham AND Kaveh 😩 Plus my Cyno and Tighnari builds need improvement because their damage could be so much better 😭

Edit/Update: I"M A LEEETTLE FCUKED UP RN BUT HAPPPY NEW YEARR heart squirt lip bite emoji

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"It's funny, for some reason I expected you to join us," Satan tells you, "but, you're not a student council member like us."

Apparently yesterday during school (a day you missed because Lucifer insisted you take another day off), Diavolo called a Student Council meeting to talk about the exchange party taking place at his castle.

Furthermore, the six brothers (rip Belgie), plus you and Yuki, will be staying over there as well.

They're calling it a "group retreat". Honestly, you don't remember much from this part of the game, so you were a little anxious to be a part of it in case you messed anything up for Yuki.

Satan was nice enough to tell you practically everything that was discussed during the meeting, too. You were all going to stay there for three days and two nights, attending several events, including a dinner party and a formal dance.

Fuck.

Currently you are helping him pack his clothes, sitting on his bed to fold his clothes. The blonde boy was lying on an empty space of the bed, just watching you work your magic.

Well more accurately, you were packing for him because the motherfucker can't fold his clothes right and it pisses you off because you apparently are nit-picky about things like that.

You didn't know that about yourself, but you guess it's nice to learn.

You shrug, folding a night shirt as you talk. "I don't really mind it. My situation might be a unique one, but I don't really want or expect special treatment."

"You say that, but Lord Diavolo is still allowing you to join us formally and stay at his castle."

"Guess being a "perfect little human" has its perks, hm?" You hum teasingly.

Satan didn't understand it at first, but he faintly recalls when he did refer to you as such. He scoffs out a laugh and rolls his eyes.

"Oh, ha ha. You're so funny."

"Literally the funniest motherfucker you'll ever meet."

"And I honestly don't doubt it."

You sigh heavily, beginning to neatly place some of the books Satan wanted to bring along inside the suitcase. Satan is definitely overpacking for this trip.

"I don't really like parties," You tell him, "I don't mind talking to new people or making friends, I just don't like doing it at parties."

"Do you get anxious at big events like this?" The blonde asks you.

You scrunch your nose, "Not really. It's the dancing that I hate. I mean... No, I don't hate dancing, I'm just not good at it."

"Well, you won't have to worry about that if I'm your only dance partner, right?"

You almost agree to his implied offer, but you don't know if Yuki needs to dance with Satan at the party at any point. You can't risk that for the other human.