Time To Meet 2nd Hour

My friendship with him started when we were still children. We did everything together. The only difference we had was our intelligence.

He was born as a genius while I was the opposite. He always offered his help whenever it comes to study but I refused saying that I want carve my future with my own hands.

Was it my fault that everything turned out like this? He was always there for me but I pushed him away each time. Is that the reason?

Tensai. I always cherish all our moments together. I really mean it.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

14 Years Ago
My Home
Kashi POV

I walked into the house with a lot of envelopes.

Me: Taxes. Bills. Bla bla bla...

And then one of the letters caught my attention. It was from the Science Council of Japan.

A job offer perhaps?

I read the letter and it was a call for interview.

Apparently, I have been summoned to their headquarters. I have to go there on 19th June.

I just graduated from Oxford and a job offer came in? Luck was on my side, it seemed.

I put the letter on my desk and turned on my computer. Then, my phone went off. I answered the call and got greeted with a familiar greeting by a familiar voice.

Tensai: Yo.

Me: Hey. Need anything?

Huraru Tensai. My childhood friend. He's in the same age as me and also just graduated from New York University. We both took medicine course.

Tensai: Just to know how you're doing.

Me: Great, I'd say. I've just been called for a job interview.

Tensai: Really? What a coincidence, I got one too.

Me: I see. Good luck with the interview.

Tensai: Yeah, you too. Anyway, how about we go have a drink tonight?

Me: Sure.