Gotham, here we are!

This part of the story is heavily inspired (basically copied) by @Kiatana6, her story is Look What You Made Me do, I recommend you to read it, very nice story. It's actually the story that got me into Daminette fanfics. 

No one's P.O.V

The plane landed after 8 hours and the students exited the plane to collect their luggage. Marinette was helping Lizzie take her luggage before taking her own, but she couldn't find her luggage and found it hidden in a corner. 

Marinette's P.O.V

I can't believe Lila would hide my luggage. I walked to the entrance of the airport to find the bus left already, this is Gotham for gods sake, Mme. Bustier just upped and left me, unbelievable. I signaled my hand to a cab and got in. 

'How much will the ride be to Gotham Orchid Hotel?' I asked the cab driver sitting in the front. 

'If there is traffic then 20, no traffic will be 10,' the cab driver told me, it was a little more expensive than she thought, but it was better than most. 

When we reached, I gave the cab driver 10 and wanted to leave when I found the door was locked. 

'I don't think that's enough, give me 50 and I'll let you out,' the cab driver gave me a smirk that sent me chills. 

'Are you crazy? You said 20 if there is traffic and now you want 50? You are clearly ripping me off,' I told the cab driver. I started struggling to get out, but the lock was shut and the windows were tinted. 

'Is there a problem sir?' a deep voice asked at the front.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No one's P.O.V

Jason was just walking around and found himself at Gotham Orchid Hotel, a cab was parked in front and he heard some struggling noises. He opened the door to find a girl with black hair struggling to open the door, he had heard of cases like this, cab drivers jacking up the price at the end and not letting the passengers to go until they pay. 

'Is there a problem sir?' Jason asked calmly. 

'This girl ain't paying up,' the cab driver growled. 

'He said if there isn't any traffic it will be 10, but now he said the price is 50, of course there is a problem,' Marinette yelled at the cab driver. 

'Miss, why don't you get out, don't worry about the fee,' Jason said to Marinette. 

Marinette took her money and exited the car, Jason busting the lock open. The cab driver was yelling at them. 

'What are you doing here, alone?' Jason asked Marinette. 

'Long story short, there's this girl in my class, she hates me, she asked my class to go ahead without me to this hotel and I was left behind,' Marinette explained and added, 'my name is Marinette, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, thank you for helping me.'

'No problem Marinette, I'm Jason,' Jason took his hand out for Marinette to shake which she gladly took and continued, 'I'm sorry Marinette, but I got to go.' 

Jason ran off leaving Marinette at the entrance of Gotham Orchid Hotel. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N) This part happens when Marinette is in the cab.

'What? Aren't you going to wait for Marinette?' Chloe asked Mme. Bustier.

'But Lila is very sick, we'll have to go now and let her rest,' Mme. Bustier said. 

'This is Gotham, this place is dangerous even for a pro fighter like Marinette, if she gets into trouble, you are paying, got me?' Lizzie pointed at Lila and Mme. Bustier, two birds with one stone. 

'Come on, get in the bus,' Mme. Bustier told the class, ignoring Lizzie's threat. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'It's not getting through, is her phone out of battery?' Lizzie asked Chloe while looking at her message with one tick. 

'I can't get to her either,' Chloe looked at Lizzie, a worried look on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'What do you mean you can't give us the room keys if Marinette isn't here?' Mme. Bustier demanded an answer from the front desk worker. 

'I mean that you can't have the room keys because Marinette is not present, so I know that you aren't scamming me,' the front desk worker explained for the billionth time. 

'You think I am someone that would want to scam you?' Mme. Bustier asked. 

"You are definitely someone that would leave a student behind," the front desk worker murmured, causing Mme. Bustier to glare at her, hatred in her eyes, Lizzie and Chloe snickering at the side. 'Plus, Lizzie and Chloe over there don't want to give the room keys until Marinette reaches, so I can't do anything,' the front desk worker shrugged at Mme. Bustier. 

'Lizzie, Chloe, can you please let us have the room keys, so Lila can go to her room and rest?' Mme. Bustier asked politely, a sugar-sweet smile on her face. 

'Mme. Bustier, it is your fault that Marinette isn't here, so if you want to get room keys, you better wait because we aren't going without Mari,' Lizzie smiled back at Mme. Bustier, did she really think her asking politely would work, what would've work is that she needs to not leave students behind. 

Just then, Marinette arrived at the front entrance, 'Is there a problem?' Marinette asked Lizzie and Chloe. 

'Yeah, Mme. Bustier left you at the airport because "Lila was feeling sick",' Chloe told Marinette, making sure to air quote the last 4 words, 'So we decided to wait for you, best friends stick together forever,' Lizzie glared at Alya. 

'Mmhmm, hello, I'm Marinette,' Marinette turned to the front counter, 'We're ready to take our room keys.' 

'Ok, let me get them,' the front desk worker disappeared behind a curtain to take their keys. 

'The rooms are, Nathaniel and Max, Ivan and Kim, Adrien and Nino, Juleka and Rose, Sabrina and Mylene, Alya and Lila,' Marinette listed while handing the room keys, Alya and Lila high-fived at the mention of them being together while Marinette continued, 'Me, Chloe and Lizzie will be sharing the suite which is relatively bigger and made for 3, so that leaves Alix without a room mate, but you can have the room to yourself." 

'Can we change rooms? I think I might need the suite because it's bigger and I feel claustrophobic,' Lila sighed. 

'No,' Marinette said.

'What do you mean no? She is clearly sick,' Alya spat at Marinette. 

"If you mean sick in the head, but no because she won't be claustrophobic in her room, plus she does not have a doctor's note and her mother has not specified of this condition,' Marinette replied, walking past the class to the elevator with Lizzie and Chloe. 

'This room is so big,' Lizzie said while dumping her luggage at 1 corner of the room. The entrance hallway connected to a small bathroom to the left and heading straight would be a tiny living room. On the other side of the entrance is 1 of the 3 rooms, up a small spiral staircase that can be accessed by the living room was a small balcony area that lead to the other 2 bedrooms, it wasn't very big, but big enough for the three of them to stay there. 

'Take your luggage and unpack,' Marinette scolded Lizzie. 

'Okay mom,' Marinette rolled her eyes at Lizzie's antics while Lizzie took her luggage to the room at the bottom floor. 

Ok, so I think that's all for today, I'm really happy about how this turned out. The next few parts are going to be the tour, and Marinette, Lizzie and Chloe will be dressing up.