Chapter 7

Yay, we're gonna do the timeskip thing!

Kyo: Why do ya always gotta do that?

Well, because I like it, of course! It's a different way to tell the story! Of course, an idiot wouldn't know...

Kyo: DON'T CALL ME IDIOT! Ugh, whatever.

Tohru: Um, Kyo, that's not very nice. Speaking of, I think Kag-

Kagura: KYO! I MISSED YOU!

Kyo: Ah DAMMIT! Kagura's here! Why did ya have to invite Kagura?

Um, I didn't.

Momiji: Why is Kagura here?

Kyo: Ah damn, he's here too? Stupid bunny!

Momiji: WAHHHHH! Kyo's being mean to me!

Kyo: JUST SHUT UP, YOU STUPID-

Yuki: Now stop, all of you! We have a story to be in!

Thanks, Yuki. A real lifesaver.

Yuki: No problem.

(Should I do more of these? They're really fun to make!)

Like I was saying before I was RUDELY interrupted, there's a timeskip to a month later. Take it away, Shigure!

Shigure: AND IIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUUU-

NOT THat yet, Shigure! The other thing.

Shigure: Oh, okay. Sorry, haha! Please enjoy Chapter 7!

-end of commentary-

I have been living in Shigure's house for a month now. Usually, I bake. Tohru won't let me do anything else. She doesn't want to put me out. Of course, I'm not complaining.

As for my old house, it was sold. It's hard to walk past it every day, since they completely mutilated the front garden that Mom worked so hard to maintain.

"Hey, um, Kyo, did you get the math homework done?" I walked into his room.

"Yeah, but I'm not gonna let you copy again. Your grades, your problem, Y/N." He said, lecturing me.

I sat down on his bed, trying to make my eyes water. I gave him puppy dog eyes. "Pleeeeaase?"

"No! C'mon, do it for yourself for once!" He argued. I went to the corner of his room and sat down, facing the wall. I pulled my knees to my chest and pouted.

"Ugh, FINE, but this is the LAST time, Y/N, I promise!" Kyo said, handing me his copy of the homework. My face lit up.

"Ugh, it's freezing in here. It's been getting colder and colder every day." Kyo complained.

"Well, if you're cold, Kyo, go to that corner. It's like 90 degrees." I joked.

"Ugh, enough with your jokes and copy my homework so I can get it back." Kyo pushed me out of his room, but he was laughing at my cheesy joke.

"Thanks Kyo!" I said with gratitude. I can't stand a zero, even though I'm lazy.

I could hear the clattering of pots and pans and the opening of drawers. Tohru was making dinner. I made a mental note to go down there and help her after I finished copying the homework.

After I finished rewriting Kyo's slightly messy scrawl, I made my way to the kitchen and saw Tohru chopping up vegetables.

"Need any help?" I offered.

"No, not really except- could you set the table?" She asked. I nodded and walked over to the plate drawer.

"Oh, and add two more plates. Momiji and Haru are coming." She explained, stirring a pot of something that smelled savory.

"Oh, okay." I said. I got out more plates and set two extra spots.

"In fact, they should be here right about n-"

A knock on the door rang out as it swung open and the two guys stepped in. Momiji ran in to give me a hug, but I stepped to the side, not wanting to let that happen. He crashed into a wall.

"Owieee! Y/N!" He said. I ruffled his hair.

"Hey Momiji. Hey Haru." He nodded in my direction. They sat on the couch until I finished setting the spots on the table and then, I followed them, plopping down on the couch.

"So, what have you been up to, Haru?" I asked, knowing he usually had pretty good stories to tell.

"Well, recently I pulled a prank on the entire teacher population." He started.

"Keep going." I said, making myself comfortable.

"Well, three weeks ago, I decided I would be the one to make the coffee in the teacher's lounge. Every day, I put some caffeinated and some decaf in there. I slowly switched them until it was all decaf. I put decaf in there for a week, but yesterday, I put espresso in." Haru explained. I laughed.

"So, basically you weaned them off caffeine and then put twice the amount they originally had in there? That's genius!" I complimented. Well, that explains everything that happened at school yesterday.

"I thought it would be a good idea. I thought of doing that with the teachers after I did the same thing with Hatori's coffee." He said. I giggled.

Shigure emerged from his office connected to his room.

"Is dinner done yet?" He asked hopefully.

"Almost, go ahead a take a seat." Tohru said, taking a bowl out and putting vegetables in the bowl, setting it on the table.

"Am I making dessert, Tohru?" I said.

"Sure, I think we have some cookies that you can make." She said.

Momiji heard the word 'cookie', and jumped. He looked around for a second, then returned to his daydream.

I feel you, Momiji.

Yuki must have fought the scent of food, and had ventured out of his room for once. I wonder what he does in there all the time. I mean, I spend an amazing amount of time in my room, but the time he spends in there... basically, if he's not eating or taking a shower, he's in his room, probably on his laptop.

Kyo followed, climbing down the ladder from the roof into the kitchen. He did a check to make sure there were no leeks anywhere. Then he relaxed, taking his seat at the table.

I wonder why he hates leeks so much.

Finally, the last dish was laid out on the table and we sat in our places. Kyo sat next to me on the right side of the table, and Yuki sat next to Haru on the left side. Shigure and Momiji took the remaining sides.

"Thank you for this meal." We said in unison. Then we dug in, Tohru's cooking being amazing.

After dinner, I sat up on the roof with Kyo.

Unfortunately, lately, we've been sorta distant when it comes to the romance thing. I think it had something to do with my mom, but I guess I just forgot to kiss him sometimes.

And by that, I mean all the time. In my depression, I had forgotten that someone cared for me and went of into my own little world where everything was okay.

And I hadn't even realized it until now. Where I had unconsciously pushed him away a few days ago, when he had tried to kiss me. I felt guilty about that. I'm probably the worst girlfriend in history.

I'll give him a kiss right now. As we sat silently on the roof, watching the stars begin their nightly dance among the sky. I kissed him.

He seemed surprised, then he blended into the kiss. It had been so long... I forgot how much I enjoyed kissing him. It made all the bad feelings and memories in my head shy away for the moment, just love. And I hadn't felt that in a month.

When we finally pulled away for air, he gasped, "We haven't done that in forever." I nodded. He looked at me again. "Can I do that again?" He asked.

I threw my arms around him as I have him the kiss that I have been holding in for so long. It felt so amazing. The stars serenaded us and the moon sparkled brightly. It was the perfect moment. In that moment, I was happy. And I had gotten over the last bits of depression stuck in my mind.