she sings you to sleep (requested)

Jihyo rubbed her hand across your back in circles as she held you close in bed.

You groaned against her neck, where your face was buried for comfort, so you could breathe in the smell of her perfume that lingered on her skin.

It's early in the afternoon and Jihyo was supposed to be in the studio today at this hour.

But she stayed home with you to care for you as you've come down with some sort of stomach bug and feel worse than you have in a long while.

"I know, baby." She whispered softly as she kissed your head. "I know you feel awful. I'm so sorry."

It broke her heart to see you this way.

Feeling a little too warm, you pulled away from her slightly and kicked the blankets off before laying your head on her chest.

She placed her hand on your forehead and felt that your fever was starting to climb again and according to the clock that she took a quick glance at, it was still a couple more hours before you could take more medicine.

"You need to try and sleep, baby." She said as she ran her fingers through your hair, pushing the ones away from your face that clung to your clammy skin.

"I can't." You said. "I'm too uncomfortable."

"You look exhausted, honey." She said as her eyes met yours. "I know you feel terrible and extremely uncomfortable but you need to get some rest. It's what's going to help you feel better the fastest."

You sighed and then curled up to her once more as a shiver ran down your spine.

You weren't hot any longer.

Now you were freezing.

Jihyo reached for the blankets and covered you back up before she wrapped you in her warm and comforting embrace once more.

"What can I do? I know you're tired. Tell me what you need so I can help you fall asleep." She said as she kissed your warm forehead lingeringly.

"Can you sing to me? That might help."

"Of course I can." She smiled a little. "Close your eyes, darling."

Your heavy eyes slipped shut and you let out a shaky breath as you continued to shiver slightly.

Jihyo continued to comfortingly brush her hand across your back as she tangled her legs with yours under the blanket.

She didn't care about catching whatever it is that you've come down with; that was the least of her concerns.

Right now, all she wanted was for you to feel better.

And she knew that the sound of her voice and some rest would help you a little.

So she thought about what to sing for a moment before settling on a song that she knows you love.

Stardust love song.

"The star that sets far away. A sad dream that someone had. Even if I reach out to hold onto you, the dream breaks down and disappears."

She paused, checking to see if you'd fallen asleep, but you weren't there quite yet.

"Keep singing for me, baby." You mumbled, about half asleep, and Jihyo just smiled a little before continuing.

"But when I walk with you, the melody you sang to me, you said it will be okay and that I'm good enough the way I am. Just like stardust, we're scattered pieces in the universe."

Stopping to check on you once more, she was happy to see that you were sound asleep in her arms, at last.

You looked so peaceful despite the fact that you were sick and it brought her a sense of relief to see you sleeping because she knows just how much you need it.

With a kiss on your head, she whispered softly, "I love you, sweet girl. Sleep tight. I'm right here."

She put her head back against the pillow and closed her eyes before drifting off to sleep too, hoping the whole time that you'd feel better very soon.