Imperial Wife Ying

Around the Wu hour (11 am- 1 pm), the royal family went outside to wait for the emperor and his troops. This time all of the members of the royal family were here, so you could tell that this was a big event. The empress was finally wearing some bright-colored clothes today making him look more cute and lovable. The younger imperial kids did not look that excited but the crown prince seemed very happy.

The kids may be too young to remember their grandfather as he came to visit sometimes, but the crown prince was born before the Grand Emperor went to war. So the Grand emperor had always doted on him and loved him. So he did remember this grandfather of his. 

The concubines looked a little nervous meeting the Grand Emperor as he is the founder of this empire, and they all wanted him to favor them as a daughter-in-law, but there were only two people that would catch the Grand Emperor's attention at first sight and that would be the Empress and Virtuous Lady Ju as they are both pregnant.  The concubines felt bitter knowing that.

"His majesty has returned with victory! The north has been defeated!" A soldier roared as he rode his horse into the palace gates.

Immediately after his announcement, the ground started to tremble for what seemed to be the horses of the soldier. It took the soldiers about five minutes to get into the palace gate and was stating in front of the royal family. The emperor, with his golden armor, looked very eye-catching, and the empress dowager immediately shed some tears as she gratefully chanted some prayers while playing with the beads on his arms.

The empress on the hand seemed strucked. She recognized the emperor and was happy that he was back but the person who caught his attention was the man next to the emperor. Somebody he hadn't seen in a very long time, his father. His father sat on his horse, his gaze so gentle looking at the empress that it almost felt surreal. The empress of course couldn't believe this. The report stated that her father would stay in the north for after-war patrolling, and his dad would indeed stay just like his last life, so why was he here? But he didn't have time to think about these right now all he could think about was throwing himself at his dad, and hugging him.

"D-dad!" The empress cried out, his eyes filled with tears as he ran to his father.

"Ba Bao, you are pregnant! Why are you running?!" General Liu screamed as he jumped off the horse to go and stop the empress. The empress of course ignored him and crashed into his arms, as he let his grievances out. 

The soldiers and most of the onlookers who didn't know about the relationship between General Liu and his youngest son were shocked, especially the soldiers. He called the empress Ba Bao, which meant daddy's big treasure. He didn't even care about the formalities and jumped to hug his son. His tone also carried several ounces of doting and surprised the soldiers who were tortured by the same general every training. The whole scene went quiet but they all had different reasons of course.

The empress and those who knew how the relationship between General Liu and the Empress just went silent because of how wholesome their hugging scene was. The concubines went silent because they realized they have been doing so wishful thinking all along and that it would never happen. No matter if the empress is deposed or not, he still had such a strong backing for who dared to bully him, and who would dare to depose him in the first place, so the concubines were more worried. The soldiers were in just pure shock because General Liu tortured them from sunrise to sundown, with a vicious and cold face, but now he looked nothing more than a doting father. They really couldn't believe it. 

Some other people in the harem also had some heartfelt reunions. Imperial Wife Yan's father also came back, and they were also having a moment but unlike the empress and his father they were not so mushy with each other. Imperial Wife Ying's brother came back from the war as an Auxiliary Officer*. Imperial Wife Ying was of course very happy for her brother. 

Before her mother, Concubine Li fell ill, she gave birth to three children for Duke Ning. She was the eldest daughter of her mother, but she was the third daughter of Duke Ning. Her mother then gave birth to twins, and that's when her health started failing. Before her mother fell ill, she was pretty favored by the Duke, so their lives were not that hard, but after she fell ill the favor decreased little by little, which gave Duchess Ning, a chance to get rid of them. But Duke Ning, no matter how cold-hearted he may be he refuses to let his backyard be a mess, and if it is Duchess Ning would be heavily punished, so she was not able to kill them. 

When the emperor started looking for concubines, she refused to send her daughters or ger sons and ordered her to go. She had always been the prettiest daughter of Duke Ning hence he readily agreed to send her away to be a concubine. Though she didn't like the emperor she was thankful that she was favored. Her favor made Duchess Ning fear her little so she could take care of her siblings and mother whom she left back at the mansion to fend for themselves. But of course, that didn't protect them as she got news of her brother being sent to war. She wanted to ask the emperor for help but she got brushed off so she could only hope and pray. 

So to see her brother back and healthy, and he even had a rank was really good news to her. Even though the rank was low, for a sixteen-year-old this was a big accomplishment and showed that he had a bright future ahead. Her brother could fend off some trouble now, and he would take care of the rest. He would make sure that Duchess Ning suffers.

Finally had my wifi fixed yall! What a horrible break it has been. I had to live a whole week without wifi, and couldn't even go outside because of the cold. Anyways here's an update! 

Question Of The Day.

Your fave TV show>