But the alimony always arrives

Xenovia was feeling all sorts of odd.

Not only was she a devil, but she was also (technically) an Exorcist of the Church- Mostly since the news of her being a Devil likely hadn't reached the church, or the notice of stripped titles hadn't come. Or perhaps the postal service from the Human World didn't operate in the Underworld.

But in addition to those contradicting titles, she was also a Paladin of the True God's order, or rather that was the title she assumed the Dominion Authority, an Angel of Momon, had given her. And also the Lover of True God. In a far more literal sense than how Church nuns loved God.

Moreover, she was sparring against a devil in a friendly match.

In truth, all the things happening around her were quite confusing, but as always, she soldiered on with faith and duty. In this case, faith in the True God, and duty, that was bearing the True God's children.

All in all, life was good. But odd.

"And- Stab!" Irina lunged with Excalibur Mimic, which lengthened to almost washing-pole katana length to suddenly stab Tsubaki in the shoulder.

"What- Ow!" Tsubaki dropped her spear-katana. "I concede!"

"A-ah! Please hold still!" Asia hurried to Tsubaki and healed her shoulder while Momo moved from the other side and added her healing power to the mix. "M-momo-sama, p-please focus on the surface wound and I'll heal the deep gash..."

"Got it, Asia-chan!" Momo looked determined as she put her hands on the wound's vicinity. "I may not have a healing [Sacred Gear], but I'll do what I can!"

"T-thanks..." Asia looked a bit ill from all the bloodshed that had happened that day alone, but it seemed that the undead encounter in the swamp had helped immunize the girl to the danger of being a Devil in Momon's Peerage. Or perhaps Asia just didn't show it on the outside.

Nonetheless Xenovia turned back to face Tsubasa whose blows she had been blocking while watching Irina's and Tsubaki's training. "Tsubasa-san? You'll need to do better than that."

"Ghaa... hoo. Thank you for the spar, Exorcist." Tsubasa paused to support herself by resting her hands on her thighs and panting. "It seems that the training Church had put you through has given you ample strength."

"That, and hunting Stray devils, etcetera." Xenovia nodded to a fellow blue-haired girl. Albeit Tsubasa didn't have a stylish green stand in her hair, like Xenovia. Although the strand was coloured that way and not naturally so. But Xenovia figured that Tsubasa didn't need to know that. "I approve of your hair. Having short hair is tactically advantageous- I had long hair at one point but a Stray grabbed it and held me in place with it, so I cut it short after Irina bailed me out."

"Ho? Sounds dangerous. I haven't been in many stray hunts, usually Rias-sama's Peerage handles that... Or would that responsibility fall to Momon-sama now?" Tsubasa wiped her mouth.

"I'm not sure. However, I believe that Momon-sama will send His angels to cleanse Kuoh of sin, if he so decrees." Xenovia crossed her hands. "Or perhaps He will forgive the sins of the Strays, and convert them to His light? He is a compassionate god-ow. Cease your assault, false god-ow."