telling secrets to the dark

Eijirou didn't even have time to catch his breath, or compose himself. Bakugou'd already kicked the door open, dragging him out of the stairwell.

"Listen up, fucktwats!" he shouted, cutting off all conversation. He strolled into the center of the common room, dragging Eijirou by the hand after him.

From under piles of blankets, curious faces turned their way. On one couch, Ashido, Sero, and good ol' Kaminari with a twinkle in his eyes. Eijirou'd given him a heads-up, so he knew what was coming and already a bowl of popcorn ready for what was about to unfold. Sprawled on the floor was Jirou, Sato, Uraraka, and Hagakure, although Eijirou could only assume she was facing them. On the other couch, Iida, Todoroki, and Midoriya, who respectfully diverted his eyes with a soft smile.

A good turnout for movie night. At least a dozen of their classmates, all piled in one place, plus whoever was rustling around in the kitchen getting the snacks everyone was probably waiting on. Eijirou'd timed it right. The movie hadn't started yet.

It was a lot of birds to knock out with one stone. Eijirou bristled under the attention. His heart hammered. But Bakugou stood there, waiting for all eyes on them.

Then, he smirked.

"Kirishima's my fuckin' boyfriend," he said. "And if you got a problem with that? Go fuck yourself."

For a moment, they only got more wide-eyed stares. A few slow blinks.

And then, a shriek.

"I knew it!"

It was Ashido. Of course it was. She threw off her throw blanket and jumped out of her comfy spot on the sofa, onto her feet, eyes wild and finger jabbing frantically at them.

"I knew it! I called it!" She jutted her thumb over to Kaminari next to her. "Hah! And you said I was crazy!"

"Of course they're dating," he cackled, "are you guys clueless?"

That seemed to snap everyone else out of it, like they only just realized that, no, this wasn't a joke, and no, this wasn't a prank. And the room erupted into chaos. The startled gasps, the 'What??'s, then more and more voices, speaking at each other and over each other in a pandemonium of confusion and disbelief.

Above them all, Ashido.

"You— You lied to me?" She roared, grabbing Kaminari by the bicep and lurching him this way and that. "You knew, this whole time, and you didn't tell me??"

Bakugou raised his eyebrow to Eijirou, an 'I told you so'. Eijirou just grinned at him. He'd never once doubted there'd be chaos. It wasn't until some of them started calling in bets that Bakugou rolled his eyes and grabbed Eijirou by the arm.

"Now, let's get the fuck outta here."

He ushered Eijirou back behind the couches toward the stairwell. Eijirou allowed himself to get tugged along, a derpy grin on his face.

"Hold up!" Ashido called after them. "Kiri! Kiri, you better come back here right now! Explain yourself! Explain!"

Eijirou looked over his shoulder, "Sorry!" he laughed, letting Bakugou continue to drag him away. He gave a little wave goodbye. "Sorry, I—"

"No! Tell me! How long has this been going on??" She reached out her arms toward them, trying to climb over the sofa after them even as Kaminari held her back. "Who confessed first? Was there like, a singular moment where you gazed longingly into each other's eyes and just knew—?"

"Fuck off, you nosey fucks!" Bakugou called over his shoulder. "That's none of your goddamn business!"

"But the people need answers—!"