Chapter 47: Cruise

Alaiya's POV:

"Oh my goodness!" I squeal as Autumn walks out of her bedroom in her little blue, beach dress. I even put her hair up in a cute little bun with some of her curls falling out and a satin crisscross headband on top.

After Roman and I's conversation about Autumn wanting her hair straightened, I watched every tutorial on how to do hair. I'm usually not very good at it, but I couldn't give up so I tried new styles on Autumn every single day. From simple, to hairstyles that almost made my arms fall off, though I finished it to the best of my ability. She's loved them all and is finding the beauty in her natural hair which I couldn't be happier about, and if it takes me learning all these new hairstyles for that to happen, then I will try a million more things and even take lessons if I have to.

"I look like you," she giggles, talking about my beach dress which is matching with hers.

Roman walks out with Aubrey and Dayton in his arms. Aubrey is also matching with us, looking adorable and Dayton is matching with Roman-both of them wearing a loose black button-up.

Oh my god, our family is so perfect!

"Did you do Aubrey and Dayton's hair?!" I gasp when I see their little curls looking amazing.

"Yeah. Dayton kept slapping the gel out of my hand, but I gave him a hairbrush instead, so his hands might still be sticky." Roman kisses Dayton's temple.

He-did you hear-I can't.

You hear that sound? That's not an earthquake. That's actually my heart beating so loudly that it sounds like a natural disaster.

"Apparently, he is the hair-kind-of-doing guy," Autumn says to me which makes me laugh and Roman glare down at her.

"Damn Alaiya, I don't think there's going to be room for Autumn's forty-eighth Mulan doll," Roman hisses, trying to get his revenge.

"Mom would never do that to me. She's on my side." Autumn gleams with her arm wrapped around my legs.

Roman looks at me and so does Autumn, both of them telling me to pick a side with their eyes.

"Well, would you look at the time." I look down at my imaginary watch. "We don't want to get late." I begin to make my escape quickly and efficiently, but I still hear them whispering behind me.

"That means she's on my side."

"That's a lie."

"You thought red and orange were the same color!"

"There's no fucking difference!"

~~~~

I'm putting on my wedges as Roman's gotten the kids in the car. He walks over and smiles when he scans my body, dimples galore, meaning butterflies galore.

"How are you feeling?" he asks, speaking about my parents.

The situation happened last week, and I'll admit, it was a little hard to deal with those emotions after so long, but honestly, since my parents have done so much, it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I'm learning to accept the fact that I have a family that loves me and my parents aren't involved in that no matter how badly I wanted them to be.

"I'm better, promise," I assure him firmly which makes his entire posture relax.

"You look fucking beautiful by the way," he adds, kissing my forehead. "All my girls do." He looks back at Aubrey and Autumn sitting in their car seats. "Dayton, I think, is about to throw up on his shirt."