CHAPTER 63

Ryan's POV 

The scowl I have on leaves my face the moment she stares up to meet my gaze. She looks so drunk and cute and I can't help but let my anger dissolve.

She is good at getting me mad. Then the next minute, my anger will be gone.

"Who the hell was that?!" I question her. She laughs and shakes her head.

"I have no slightest idea", she doesn't look like she cares about who he is but I do. 

What if I wasn't here? What if I didn't come to the party with her, what would have happened?

I know how much she loves parties and I wonder about all the crazy things she must have done before we got married.

I know she had a boyfriend and obviously, she goes to parties with him but I can't help but worry about the sort of intimacy between them even after knowing that they never had sex.

She twirls around with her back to me as she puts my hands around her waist up to her stomach. Suddenly, I feel hard.

Shit!

Is she purposely grinding her body to mine?

Like someone who has no care in the world, she continues to grind her body to mine as she dances wildly with her hands raised in the air.

"Val", I call. I can barely control the sound of my voice as it becomes ragged.

She does not respond but continues to dance. I move my mouth closer to her ears and call out loudly. "Val."

She jerks upright and stops dancing. With a scrunched-up face, probably at the displeasure of being stopped from dancing and enjoying the moment, she asks with a raised voice. "What?!"

I swallow hard and tell her firmly. "Let's get out of here."

"What?!" she exclaims, a smile replacing her expression, then a short laughter. "No!"

"Val…"

"We just got here, Ryan", she protests, standing on tiptoe as she places her two hands on my shoulder. "Let's enjoy the party, please."

Her cute face is tempting me to say yes but I don't want to. She is way too drunk and I can't help how I feel right now.

Bringing her here is a bad idea. I should have thought of something else to make her happy instead of this.

Besides, there are a lot of men staring at her and it's pissing me off. Before I can say another word, she moves away from me and continues to dance, twirling around.

She stumbles and almost falls but someone grabs her before I can.

I rush forward.

"Hey, careful!" he shouts above the music as he helps her up.

"You?" Val is up and pointing her index finger at the man with a smile on her face. "What the hell are you doing here?"

I stare at the guy's face. He looks familiar but I can't place where I know him from. 

The guy smirks and holds her hands. Quickly, I grab her and slam her body next  to mine. "She is my wife."

His gaze shifts to me and a sudden frown appears on his face. Pretending to be apologetic, he walks away.

"Hey, he is…", she trails off and belches loudly.

Shit!

What if she throws up? I really need to get us out of here. Enough of the dramas already.

I carry her in bridal style while she struggles with me. I find my way out of the loud club before moving towards the parking lot.

Coming here was a bad idea. A really bad one.

The next thing on my list is a picnic and a date. If I do all of this and she doesn't still fall in love with me, then I will let her go.

I can't let go without trying to win her over. She was heartbroken a few months ago and that is the only justification for her trying not to accept me.

I believe she has healed already. All she needs is time to get to like another man and I want that man to be me.

No one else but me.

I am her husband after all. Nothing can stop us if the feelings are mutual. The mutual feeling is the most important thing at the moment.

Valerie is suddenly calm and I gaze at her face to see that she is drifting off to sleep, her hand on my chest with her mouth slightly open.

John sights us coming closer and gets down to open the door for me to drop Valerie in. Instead of letting me drop her, she swings her two hands around my face firmly, making it difficult for me to drop her down on the seat.

"Val", I call softly with my head bent over her. A part of me is inside the car while the other is outside.

She mumbles and does not let go of her hand around my neck region. Slowly, I take one of my hands off her with a part of her laying down on the seat. I take a hold of one of her hands and I succeed in taking it off.

Before I can drop her off immediately, she grabs my head again, startling me. She gets up and our eyes meet.

With widened eyes,  I watch her stare at me intently with her small sleepy eyes, probably trying to process where she is or what happened.

"Valerie, we need to go home now. The party is over", I say, shifting my feet on the floor outside the car uncomfortably. If only she can just adjust a little to provide space for me to get in too.

She isn't saying a word and her face is expressionless.

"Val…", I call again to jerk her back to life. I want to tell her that I need her to shift a little so I can come in and then we can go home but the next thing she does surprises me.

Her finger touches my lips, then her gaze shifts to it.

A small beautiful smile creeps onto her face. "You are cute."

This is the result of her drunkenness. The Valerie I know would never say such to me in her right frame of mind. I decide not to take it to heart and shift her to the other side so I can step in.

I shift her but she pulls me along, making me fall on top of her with a loud gasp escaping my mouth.

My mouth drops open at the compromising position we are in which isn't helping matters with my hardened below.

Before I can say or do anything, she closes her eyes and brushes her lips over mine.

****

What the hell is happening? Is this because she is drunk? Or does she want him too?

Air your views and don't forget to vote❤️