-77-

meeting aaron

meeting aaron

AARON WAS HIS NAME. Rick knocked him out after his spill about a town—a community. Aaron had admitted to have been watching them for quite some time. He was in awe of their skills. He was in awe of them. Their family.

The community sounded like another pipe dream.

Scarlett tried to convey this to Rick... for him to be cautious. Then, he went and knocked the man out.

Sighing, Scarlett rubbed the bridge of her nose. "So we're clear, that look wasn't a let's attack that man look. It was a he seems like an okay guy to me but let's be cautious look."

Rick did not laugh at her attempt at a joke. She noticed how he was open with them, telling them everything he had on him.

"We got to secure him. Dump his pack. Let's see what this guy really is," Rick said, ignoring Scarlett's words.

"Rick," Michonne tried.

"Everybody else, we need eyes in every direction. They're coming for us. We might not know how or when, but they are," Rick said, his obvious paranoia present.

Scarlett noticed how the other's eyes went to her for reassurance. She gave a nod to Maggie.

"Me and Sasha, we didn't see him. If he had wanted to hurt us, he could've," Maggie tried as the others followed Rick's words and looked for anything suspicious out there.

Rick had gone through his pack, tossing the picture aside. Scarlett bent down, almost falling over from her stomach. She grabbed the pictures, looking at them. She smiled softly at the houses. "Anybody see anything?" Rick asked as he continued to dig through the pack.

"Just a lot of places to hide," Glenn murmured.

Rick nodded. "All right, keep looking."

"What did you find?" Scarlett asked him when she saw him freeze.

"Flare gun," he grumbled to her just as they heard the groaning of Aaron. He was waking up, noticing how he was tied up. He looked around the room, a smile still appearing on his face.

"That's a hell of a right cross there, Rick."

Scarlett scoffed at his words, placing the pictures gently into the packet before dropping the packet on the ground. She walked next to Rick, arms crossed.

She was pregnant, but she was still intimidating.

"You're being cautious," Aaron said, nodding at them. "I completely understand."

"How many of your people are out there?" Scarlett asked, beating Rick to the punch. She crouched a bit. "Huh?"

"You have a flare gun. You have it to signal your people. Answer her. How many of them are there?" Rick added on.