𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞

【ADMIN NOTE】

✎ やほ~ HOLY- I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE FOR SUCH A PROLONGED WAIT/HIATUS- as I have explained before, life in general has been keeping me rather busy. However, I surely have not forgotten about this book, nor plan to leave it as unfinished. I was going to work on this chapter a bit more, but it has come to my realization the last update WAS MAY 10, 2022!? I AM SO SORRYYYYY- 

Alas, I shall not keep you waiting any longer-

[Please excise any grammatical errors, as I am rather rusty tbh]

As a simple recap: you are currently undergoing the last stage of the "exams"

I hope you enjoy this chapter :) The next one awaits to be released soon (❛◡˂̵ ̑̑✧)

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

█ 15%

██ 30%

███ 45%

████ 60%

█████ 75%

██████ 100%

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

He seemed to have perked up at the mention of forensics, "oh! Pretty cool, pretty cool. So you do know your shit," he then looked downwards to write or type something down. "Ahhh well, nice briefly getting to meet ya Y/n. Heh, see you soon..." then suddenly, the monitor dissipated into nothingness. Though, having experienced that phenomenon many times, it didn't come as a shocker to me.

But now, my guard was back up. What was next?

Expect the unexpected is the motto I've been sticking with through my entire duration here at the mansion. It's rather baffling that I made it this far. Surely I'm not some main character in some sort of fiction story right?

Suddenly, my entire world went pitch black. A ringing shot through my ears from the deafening silence. So quiet, I could hear my heartbeat.

"What the fuck...?"

Naturally, panic surged through my body. But knowing that throwing myself into panic would serve me no good, I did my best to maintain stability.

Then suddenly, my world was a blinding white. It took my eyes a few seconds to adjust.

"This a eye test or something..?"

I was able to observe that I was in a square white room. Almost similar to that of a white room they use in asylums. I could only look around, confused.

Then (again) suddenly, I was knocked out of consciousness by some unknown force

I was awoken by a blinding light shining through my eyes. Confused, I jolted up.

"Where am I? What's going on? What time is it?" were the only thoughts running through my mind.

I could only worry about how fast my heart was beating and my hitched breaths.

"Why...why..can't I remember a goddamn thing..." I gripped the sides of my head harshly with twitchy fingers. I could feel cold sweat protruding from my back due to the anxiety inducing situation.

I began to pace my quick breathing to get a hold of myself. I remember that I'm a rather rational person, so panicking won't do me good.

"Okay okay...start off slow...My name is (Y/n) (L/n). I was born [insert birthday here]. I aspire to be in the forensic field...my favorite game is [insert your favorite game here] and my favorite musical artist is [insert your favorite artist here]." I slowly recalled details of myself to myself.