18. Not So Happy News🥀

Jungkook came back to Busan after almost a month.

Two weeks were extended to two more weeks and it became a month yet, Jungkook didn't even realised it. For him, it was the best time he had after a while. A lot of fun and happiness he felt which used to feel only around Jimin until some months ago. He wished Jimin could be little more attentive to him and a lot more fun like he was before their mating, just like Aera has been during his month stay at Taegu.

Speaking of Jimin, his Omega was going haywire thinking something bad must have happened to his Alpha. He had thought of sending a Messenger but he didn't know how to. So he decided to wait patiently while still feeling hurt about how he and his Alpha getting so little time for each other.

But today he woke with a good news.

Of his mate's returning.

He almost bolted through the corridors with the flowy hem of his royal hanbok tracing the floors without any manner. His mate had just returned few moments ago and must be waiting for his Omega to welcome him.

He was so lost in his own thoughts that he didn't see a person coming from the other side. Tears must be blurring his vision too much. Jimin was thankful to the other person who saved him from wobbling and before he could thank the stranger, a familiar scent of musk invaded his senses.

"Minho Hyung??", Jimin almost shrieked looking the older Alpha. Minho laughed sheepishly which Jimin noticed that the smile didn't really reach his eyes. But he must have been tripping because he was vulnerable this moment.

"Hey Minnie...", He greeted with a delightful smile. Even though he was holding the Omega by his waist, there was a respectful distance between them.

"What are you doing here?? Look at you, you've become more handsome hyung and so tall!!!", Jimin gushes with playful smile which was returned by Minho. A slight part Jimin was feeling guilty that he didn't meet Minho ever since their mating and maybe he was the one who distanced himself. But Minho was still a sweetheart who was as enthusiastic as he would be in the past to see Jimin. Yet this thing was undeniable that he was changed. He has become a full grown adult now and not the playful, kind Alpha he used to be.

His eyes still were kind but his face had morphed into serious expressions with a toughened jaw.

"Thank you Minnie. However I was hoping to see you here. Afterall I'm officially a court member now...", He said and Jimin's eyes grew in surprise.

"Wha—"

"Took the exams. Scored second highest in the town so here I'm.", He answered the other's incomplete question.

"Wow hyung!!! So clever.... You should treat me now!!!", Jimin squealed and Minho resisted the urge to pinch his soft cheeks.

"Why should I? You weren't even there while I studied to cheer me up. Or I would've treated you some pajeons...", He teased and Jimin's face fell.

"I'm sorry hyung... But—"

"It's okay Minnie. I understand. So how are you and your mate doing?", He asked.

"We're both doing fine. My Alpha has came back from the trip this morning. I was just heading there to greet him. So where were you heading? We could go together?", Jimin asked. Minho would lie if he said it didn't stung Jimin using 'my Alpha' word for someone else. But he quickly slid it from his mind.

"Was heading to the main offices for judiciary committee. I'm joining the committee.", He answered.

"I'm so happy for you hyung!!", Jimin smiled while wrapping his hands around the Alpha's middle to give him a warm hug. And Minho couldn't resist him for once as he did the same while patting the smaller's head in fondness.

"Omega!!"

Jimin broke away from the hug startled and looked at the direction the voice came from. There stood his beloved Alpha. Jimin is so delighted to see him after so long that he almost ignores the Alpha's scowling face.

"What are you doing?", He asks deadbeat. That leaves Minho almost choking because he was sure as hell that Jimin didn't catch the hidden query behind the very simple question.

"I apologise, your majesty. I saw his highness after a long time. We were just having a light conversation for old times sake... Thus it took time for your highness to come seek you. I sincerely apologise for my mistake.", Minho immediately comes forward and Jimin is dumbfounded. Still confused why his hyung was apologising and what for. On top of it, why is he calling him, 'his highness'. Gosh, it feels weird.

"All right. You're dismissed. Omega, I'm heading the royal council. I'll meet you at the dining.", Jungkook said with a curt tone. He narrowed his eyes suspiciously at the two before leaving from there without any word leaving Jimin hurt.

'He didn't even ask me, how I was doing.'

Just as fast as Jungkook came there he was gone too. Minho silently patted Omega's shoulder before retreating back while Jimin was still lost in his thoughts.

____________________

"Let me go and ask him.", Jimin told the servants who were preparing for the afternoon meal. Jungkook was still not back from the council and he decided to go there to call him himself.

From what he heard, it was a private meeting and not the courtiers were involved. So if he went there, it wasn't against any rules of anything since he was his mate afterall. And not like it was about any confidential matter.

So when he requested the entry from the door keeper, it was granted without any problem.

Of course Jungkook wasn't alone in the council chamber. There was middle aged Beta.

"Come in Jimin. Meet him, he is Beta Jung from Taegu Kingdom.", Jungkook introduced and Jimin bowed respectfully towards the elder. The beta startled little since it wasn't really approved for The King's mate to bow before some low position person.

"My greetings, your highness.", He greeted deeply and Jimin just smiled back. Jungkook looked up at him.

"He's here to talk about few matters before deciding the wedding date."

What!?

Jimin was confused.

"W-wedding? What wedding? I mean, who's wedding?", Jimin's stuttered and Jungkook winced at the lack of royal mannerisms before a guest.

Just how his parents told him. This Omega doesn't know how to act like a royal...

"A political wedding. Between Taegu Kingdom and Busan Kingdom."

"And who's getting married??", Jimin asked even more eagerly. His heart thudding inside his ribcage. There was no one but his mate in this family to represent the Royals.

Jungkook's face morphed into stone cold expressions.

"Me."

_________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

A very Happy New Year to all!!!🥳🥰

So this might seem a little rushed but it is because I don't want to spend more time on the past story. Because the plot actually is about what will happen in the future...

But I also cannot not give a brief explanation for what exactly happened in the past. So the plot might be rushed somewhere or slowed somewhere. But please understand my dilemma and tell how did you like it??

Borahae 💜