74

Colby's POV

"Sss-omthn int rah." Julia mumbled incoherently, causing me to turn. "What?" I asked and flinched at how pale she was.

"Julia." I said and rushed towards her, holding her arms as she started choking.

"Hey..hey." I said and helped her get on the ground without hurting herself.

Something was terribly wrong but I couldn't figure out what it was.

"Juliana. Come back to me." I said frantically as her eyes glazed over.

Part of me was worried that she was overdosing, since that's what this looked like.

I didn't know how she would get access to narcotics though so it couldn't be that.

All I knew was something was horribly wrong.

"Shit!" I hissed as her eyes rolled back and she started foaming at the mouth.

She was having a seizure now.

"Okay...okay. You're okay." I said quietly, holding her head in my lap as she seized. This went on for what felt like forever, small whimpers leaving her lips every couple seconds.

"Come on, Jules. Come back to me." I whispered, holding her closely.

After a couple more minutes of this she finally went limp, her eyes fluttering open.

"Thank fuck." I breathed out, caressing her cheek gently. A look of fear washed over Julia's face as her eyes darted around.

"You're safe, Jules. You're okay. You had a seizure." I said as she shook her head.

"N-no." Julia whimpered, looking up at me. "No, what?" I asked as her eyes watered.

"S-something's wrong." She said with pure fear in her voice.

"Try to relax, baby. We'll figure this out." I said quietly, not knowing what else to say.

I was still trying to wrap my head around what was happening.

I thought that there was a reason behind this little episode she was having but she's never acted like this after a seizure.

Something wasn't right.

"Colby?" Julia asked and looked up at me. "Yes, darling?" I asked and brushed her hair back from her forehead.

"I'm scared." She said as I nodded. "I know.
I am too." I said quietly. "Am I gonna die?" She asked as a single tear trickled down her cheek.

"No. You're not." I said then stood up, pulling her into my arms. "I feel so sick." She whimpered, hiding her face in my chest.

"Have you been taking your medication?" I asked and laid Julia on the bed. "Every day." She mumbled as I laid a blanket over her.

"Alright..let me just get you some water." I said then turned to go to the bathroom.

I felt like an asshole for not believing Julia but there was no way she would have a seizure that bad if she was taking her medication.

I walked over to the pill bottle that was sitting on the counter.

When I picked up the bottle, there were only a few pills in there which meant she probably wasn't lying about taking them.

I wanted to make sure she didn't accidentally miss a couple days, so I opened the bottle only to see that usually oval pills were actually round white ones.

They looked similar to Julia's usual medication but the closer I looked, the more I realized what was happening.

Someone was drugging Julia.