Chapter 26: Too Much Inside

Darkness took over the sky as night fell over the school. In one dorm room a clicking emitted. The sound was producing a headache within Harry's pretty head, but he did not want to tell Wednesday that. After all he knew she was already beating herself up over what had happened. Harry imagined that she promised thought Harry was upset with her, but he was not. Other than Harry's new wariness for water, he was not upset at all. He understood the incident had not been a purposeful event, and he was okay. A siren had saved him, and he hoped to thank the other boy.

Wednesday sat at her desk, her mind experiencing the rare occurrence of being a mess. She had yet to question Harry on how he came to be saved, but she could not help but wonder. Xavier had brought him to her, but that mattered little. That did leave the question on who had saved her precious. After all she had felt fear, and not the type that would bring her a thrill. Truly she has been afraid that her Harry was gone forever.

Even as she had a mind filled with her darling precious, Wednesday's mind was also focused on something else. The picture she had collected from Rowan. A drawing of what she had come to believe was herself. The idea of her destroying something in a bad way, was unsettling.

The clicking stopped, much to Harry's relief. It seemed his abilities were dormant at the moment, none of them appearing to affect his physical being. He felt so tired, so upset. It felt as if school had barely started for him, yet his life had been risked three times. Only one had been an accident. He desperately hoped it would get better, and was thankful for those who protected him. However, it proved that trouble did follow him.

During this pause in clicking, things dawned on Wednesday's mind. For a minor space of time her mind left the focus it had on Harry. The drive to solve the mystery of the danger was just as present. Wednesday stated at the picture, at the watermark. It felt of utmost importance that she did something about it. Failure had dawned her once in the day, and she would not allow such a thing to befall upon her again.

"Harry, we are going to do something," Wednesday spoke standing from her desk. Thing was at attention. Harry slowly sat up his head pounding, but ready to comply.

XxX

Harry felt a tickle under his skin as he followed Wednesday. They walked down a dark hall that possessed a statue at the end. It was easy to see up close who it was, Edgar Allan Poe. A poet who Harry had become fond of as a young child. Very little things had been good in his life, but literature rarely failed him. It filled the void created due to the childhood he had been brutally cursed with.

"Edgar Allan Poe," Harry whispered in his beautiful soft voice. "His penchant for riddles is legendary."

Wednesday simply left Harry to feel fascination. She knew a secret was hiding within the statue before her. She stepped up on the base allowing her to see the pages of the metal made book. Engraved precisely with riddles. Answers flew from her head as she quickly read the words. Writing down each answer as she went.

Harry looked around the area, it felt like it would be comforting. An urge overtook him at that moment. It was pulling him to do an action, and he did not understand why. The feeling was an itch of pain, yelling that he must do as he is told. Harry was not one to defy instruction, but his mind was so unsure. Despite this he could not resist the urge. Yanking and pulling at him to do as he was commanded. Lifting his hands hesitantly. Fingers seemed to move before he could even think. One act of energy, two acts of energy. Snap. Snap.

Harry squeaked as movement from the statue occured. The birds wings went down, Wednesday stepped from the base of the statue. The bird folded down, the statue moved back. Green eyes were amazed, as his head ache was forgotten. Wednesday was not aware of how Harry had known the answer. It seemed to be yet another one of his mysteries. After all she had been one word from the answer.

"Well done," Wednesday affirmed, as Harry smiled. With a light Wednesday led the way to the secret entrance in which Edgar had revealed to them. It was dark and a wave of peace fell upon Harry. The feeling felt to foreign for such a young human being.

Down a staircase they went portraits long the wld. Harry was fascinated. Carefully he stepped down each step, Wednesday in front of him. When the room was revealed Harry was amazed. The structure was beautiful and moonlight streamed through the window.

Harry stepped into the light. Wednesday was granted the opportunity to see his delicate pale skin under the moonlight's kiss. Never had he seen something that yanked at him so much. Something about the room made his abilities humm in happiness. It felt different, the sensations he was trying to learn. After all before Rowan had died such feelings never tormented him now they were a constant.

Wednesday was very not phased by the room. Well the moonlight illuminating Harry's skin had been pleasant to her eyes. Most emse was what she had expected of the hidden society. A library of secrets and a portrait of her mother and father. After all the pair seemed to dominate the school's more recent history.

Something caught Wednesday's attention, and Harry noticed. The pair stepped over to the shelf. Harry noticed that this shelf was covered in purple books. Maybe they were the ones that Wednesday saw in her visions. It was noted that in one location dust lacked.

Harry watched as his friend pulled it from the shelf. It seemed that within a second she was turning to a particular page. A large that possessed mark from a paper being torn from it's place. Harry furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to look at the image, but it was snapped closed before he truly knew what he saw. Wednesday stuffed it in her bag and turned.

A scream left Harry's mouth as a bag went over his head. Darkness was not what caused this, but the feeling of his abilities. Pain attacked his nerves as he was blinded by a mystery.

XxX

There we have it episode number 2 is complete! 3 is not my favorite, but I still have plenty of exciting things planned!

Please comment the motivation would be super appreciated!