The Three Schools

The Three Schools

"Longbottom?! Longbottom!" shouted a voice.

Frank heard nothing, his body frozen and his eyes unseeing as he stared at Percy's unmoving corpse. They sent him back with the corpse.

They sent him back with the corpse.

"Frank.." he could feel Dumbledore's hands on his shoulders and registered someone attempting to grab Percy.

"NO!" he exploded, tearing up once again as he held onto the lifeless boy. Silence ensued around Gryffindor tower and Dumbledore's grip tightened. "Franklin let go. We need to get him cleaned up. Please let go son." he murmured quietly and Frank's grip weakened as he found himself crying into the old man's robes. His sobs ugly and loud. All round the students of Gryffindor stared at the gruesome sight that was Percival Weasley's body.

The third eldest had been beaten and mutilated beyond recognition. His head a mass of flesh on his shoulders and his skin blotchy and red, purple bruises staining his once fair skin. Now he was cold as ice, nothing but his robes to identify him. The prefect badge on his chest stained with blood. Madam Pomfrey and Severus Snape covered the corpse as they levitated it up onto a stretcher, carrying it past the nosey students. Frank continued to cry, hardly caring when Dumbledore held him up by his shoulder and began dragging him off toward his office.

Whispers ensued and soon Gryffindor House began speculating who could have done that to the Weasley boy.

The most obvious would be Fred or George, even Ron himself, however they were Slytherins and Percy would never leave with them willingly unless they were with their parents. There was also the fact that one could not leave Hogwarts with apparation so it could have only been an ambush of sorts. This caused several young Gryffindors to write their worries to their parents, in turn an explosion of questions would be raised the next morning for Albus Dumbledore. However at that very moment, the old wizard was more concerned about Frank and the information he could give in that moment.

"Frank you have to tell me what happened. Was it the Dark Lord?" questioned Dumbledore, his grip on the boy too firm, almost suffocating as Frank shook with his tears. He knew Hadrian was no ordinary child but this was..that was..what Fred did was the work of a monster. If all of Hadrian's friends were like that, if the Dark as a whole was like that, they had no chance. And Dumbledore expected him of all wizards to defeat the bloody Dark Lord? He couldn't even beat the Dark Lord in the making let alone the original.

"No.." he found himself saying, his voice hollow in his own ears. He didn't understand why Dumbledore was questioning him when all he wanted to do was hide in his bed for a few months. Anything to get Percy's screams and cries out of his head. To forget the images burned into his mind.

"Then who was it? What was it? A dark creature?" pressed Dumbledore, the usual twinkle in his eyes gone and an urgency in his movements as his thin fingers dug into Frank's shoulders. Frank knew he couldn't lie to Dumbledore but he couldn't tell the truth either. "I don't know- it was dark and.." Frank trailed off, shaking his head and Dumbledore was silent for a beat. "Where were you?" he asked slowly and Frank made a face. "I can't say without losing my magic." he replied honestly and Dumbledore cursed under his breath.