-89-

we're the ones who live

SCARLETT MANAGED TO GET CAROL TO WATCH OVER ANNIE AND JUDITH A DAY LATER. Sophia was home, so she had no problem helping. Scarlett needed to get out of the house again before it was too late like last time. She pulled off her spit-up covered shirt, looking at the scars on her body. She felt around the C-Section scar, feeling the healed bump. She sighed, throwing a flannel on. She made sure her combat boots were tied before tying her hair up as well.

She placed her holster on, making sure her hunting knife was there as well.

Scarlett smiled at Carol, lying about where she was going. She walked out of the house, passing some neighbors. She nodded politely. When she got to the armory, she checked out her Python from Olivia who asked where she was going. Scarlett gave her a smirk but otherwise gave no response.

Scarlett walked out of the gate, saluting Eugene when he called her name to ask where the hell she was going. She kept walking, cracking her neck a bit. When she managed to get to the treeline, she sighed and shut her eyes.

She took it all in. The sounds of birds. The trees rustling in the wind. A few animals nearby making almost unheard noises. But she was really listening. She was getting back in tune with her surroundings. Then, she heard a small snarl of a walker.

The smirk that made its way to her lips was something that could remind the others of the badass Scarlett they knew.

She clicked her tongue, getting it close to her. She grinned, slicing off one arm then the other. She laughed a bit.

It tried to bring its head down to bite her, but she soon sliced his head clean off. It was still growling as the head rolled to the right. The body fell down in a heap on the ground as she neared the head.

With a final slash, she sent sent her knife through the walker's skull.

Standing up, she closed her eyes again to listen. She heard a small rustling to her left, so she cracked an eye open to see two squirrels wrestling over their nuts.

She smirked, pulling out her Python. It had a silencer on it, thanks to Olivia, so she sent a bullet flying to kill one of them. The other tried to run, she threw her knife two clicks ahead that way the squirrel ran right into it. She laughed.

"Still got it, Greene," she murmured to herself, walking forward to collect her meals. She grabbed a piece of string out of her bag, tying the squirrels to it. Throwing them over her shoulder, she kept hunting.

It was an hour later when she decided to go back. She had walker blood on her and a string full of dead animals, but the smile on her face was there. She was in her element out in the woods. She could not wait to tell Daryl 'bout her escapade.

When the gate opened, the others looked at her in mild discomfort and shock. She rolled her eyes, thanking Spencer for opening the gate. She stuck her Python in her holster, knowing she had to go to the armory first before she could skin her trophies.