Chapter Thirty-Nine

Harper.

I wake up sore. My body can't hack a whole night of having sex. I should have known, but I can't say no to Matteo. I can never say no to him. My body craves him too much.

"Our daughter has got one hell of a kick on her," Matteo says into my neck. I smile into his chest as I feel his hand on my stomach.

"I know. It's me she's kicking." I roll my eyes at him, making him laugh; every morning, she wakes me up by kicking this hard. It makes me wonder why I never felt Gabriel. Was it because Adriana poisoning me? Did she make him too weak?

If only I had taken more notice of my body, then I could have changed everything, but then again, Gabriel is a beautiful little boy and coming on amazing I just hate the thought of the horrible journey he's had to go through so far.

"What's wrong, Angel? You've gone all quiet? Are you ok?" I let a deep breath out before looking up at Matteo.

"I'm more than ok; our daughter is healthy, and Gabriel is coming on excellent, but I'm a little sad I missed out on his pregnancy. I never knew I was carrying him. How bad does that make me? I know he's fine now and will eventually walk, but if I had known, would I changed anything?"

Matteo sits up before helping me up. "No, Angel, don't think like that. Are you listening to me? That little boy downstairs is the best thing that has ever happened to us, and do you want to know what makes him more special? It's because he's fucking strong like you. He fought like hell to be here. I don't think even if you knew you were pregnant or not, that would have stopped Adriana. She would have found a way to hurt Gabriel. So, please, Angel, think of our future. Don't look back on the past."

My eyes water at his words, and I know he's right; everything he's said is true.

"I love you. Thank you for making me feel better. Now let's go tell everyone that we're engaged!" I say, smiling ear to ear.

"I hope you don't want a long engagement because I want you as my wife as soon as possible." The thought of becoming his wife makes me so happy, but the idea of being heavily pregnant and getting married doesn't sound fun.

"Come on, Angel; I can hear your stomach rumbling. Let's get you both fed. I'm also sure Gabriel will be wondering where we are." Right on cue, my stomach lets a massive grumble out.

Twenty minutes later, I'm in the kitchen with Bianca and Gabriel.

When I walked into the kitchen, I didn't have a chance even to tell Bianca. She took one look at my hand and screamed out so loud before jumping up and down, telling me how happy she was for us both.

Enzo hugged me before telling me I still had a chance to run away with him before earning a smack from Matteo, but I knew from the look in his eyes his heart didn't lie with me. It will always belong to Bianca, which I'm so happy about because they both deserve the best, and that's each other.

Enzo and Matteo took off to his study before leaving me Bianca and Gabriel to have a gossip.

There's something different about her today; I can't put my finger on it. She's glowing.

"So you and Enzo are spending a lot of time together," I say as I mix Gabriel's porridge up.

Bianca's face heats up at my comment. "We have; he tried to stay away from me. He tried to fight the connection we had together, but I guess it was too strong." She bites her lip, and I can't help but smile at how happy she is.