My Benefactor Chapter Two

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Two
Picture on the side is Derek (Ford model Mathias Lauridsen)

No proofreading done.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Two years later

"I don't want to go back to school! I would rather be homeschooled!" I whined at Derek while crossing my arms in front of my chest, not backing down.

We were in his study, having a heated argument about me going back to school to finish senior year - surrounded by people. Yes, people.

For two years, he helped me without expecting something in return. He gave me everything. Cars, money, clothes, jewelry - you name it, I got it. But those things didn't matter to me. Derek was like a brother, best friend, and I could kick myself for saying this, but sometimes he was like a lover. I know it sounds crazy, but I couldn't help but think that way. But, he's 23 and I will be turning 18 next month. He wouldn't want to get involve with a highschool girl. I was not good enough.

Derek breathed in a big sigh on the verge of giving up, "Reagan, this is your senior year. I don't want you to graduate high school with a bad memory. Who knows? Maybe this year won't be so bad."

I snorted, "Yeah right." then looked away.

He walked towards me then stopped a few inches away. He touched my shoulders giving me a stern look,"Reagan, I'm serious. You'll be 18 next month and I don't want you to be cooped up in this house. I want you to enjoy being a teenager."

"But I hangout with Cooper!" I defended.

He gave me a deadpanned look, "Really Reagan? When the two of you are together, all you guys do is cause trouble."

I gave him a sheepish look, "Uh well... hahaha." I said, laughing awkwardly.

He gave me gentle smile then reached out to caress my hair, "Look Reagan, it won't be so bad okay? Does this have to do with what happened two years ago? That's why you don't want to go back yet?" he asked me softly.

I looked down, "I don't know, Dee. I'm not ready yet."

He lifted my chin up, "It's going to be okay. I promise."

I scoffed, "Easier said than done."

He rolled his eyes, "Now go and get your stuff. You don't want to be late for school."

 My eyes bugged out, "What? Now? Like today?"

He gave me a nervous look, "Uh, I forgot to tell you earlier so..." he trailed off, looking for an excuse.

"Whatever, Dee."

He chuckled then ruffled my hair, "You know me. I'm always about spontaniety."

"By the way, where's Cooper? He's usually here bugging the life out of you." I teased, ignoring his retort.

"He had to go out of the country for some business." He said, twirling a lock of my hair out of habit. That had me feeling a bit uncomfortable but I didn't mind.

I tilted my head to  the side, "Why is it that you guys sometimes come and go most of the time?"

He shrugged, "That's how it is for us."

"I've been living with you for two years and I don't know what you do for a living." I asked curiously. I never got a straight answer and the last time I asked him was a year ago, when he went on a business trip to Denmark.

"Like I said before, I handle several businesses in several countries. If I tell you, I'd put you to sleep due to boredom." As usual, the response was always the same.

I gave him a playful glare, "Are you implying that I'm stupid?"

He laughed, "No. It's just that I don't like talking about work. It stresses me out."

I huffed, "Fine." I spun around then walked to the door. Before I turned the knob, I glanced over my shoulder to say something, "Well, I hope you're right about what you said a while ago, Dee."

He just gave me a look that said 'Of course I'm right'.

With that, I opened the door and  walked out  to get ready for school.

Heaven help me...

                                                                 ***************************