Chapter 5

Bennett and I hung back slightly giving the brothers some space like Caspian instructed us to do so. We are yet to see Caspian's brother as he was behind the trees at the end of the garden. 

"What do you think he'll be like?" Bennett whispered with excitement.

"Not sure, I really want to see him!" I whispered back.

"Are they going to be living with us?"

"Don't they need to ocean with the salt water to survive?" I reasoned.

"They could go back like everyday, or they could get in the bath." Bennett shrugged.

"Jonah come please!" Caspian called to me from behind the tree.

"Looks like your needed," Bennett chuckled "I'll go get the first aid kit; Caspian had cuts across his chest and maybe the brothers hurt as well." He added then turned and walked to the back door. 

I walked down the garden path and met Caspian half way.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"My brother he was hurt badly in the fight, he needs help." He looked at me with pleading eyes, genuinely worried for his brother.

"Fight?!" 

"I'll explain later but my brother needs help more." He stressed.

"Of course, if you can carry him to the house I'll get everything ready." I said quickly.

"Thank you mate." He smiled before kissing me softly.

Once I was inside I found Bennett with blankets, water, first aid stuff and two pairs of shorts – very thoughtful!

"Oh! I was just coming out to see you guys, have you seen him?" Bennett asked excitedly.

"No not yet but Caspian's bringing him in here now so lets get the sofa ready to lie him down, apparently he's hurt." I said worriedly.

Just then, through the door walked Caspian with another gorgeous male in his arms. He set him down on the floor with his arm around his waist for support. He stood about 6ft6 with the same dark black hair as Caspian's however, his was shorter and he sported the messy bed head look. My eyes scanned is chest and torso but not allowing my eyes to drop any lower, I noticed several open wounds and a chiselled 8 pack – are all mermen gods?

"Jonah, Bennett, this is my brother Leomaris." Caspian introduced.

His deep violet eyes rose to meet mine first before snapping over to Bennett.

"Mate." His tired voiced whispered out, but loud enough for us all to hear.

I turned to look at Bennett who was staring slightly open mouthed at Leomaris with wide eyes. Everyone was silent processing what he had just said. 

"Uhh nice to meet you, I'm Jonah." I said breaking the silence and trying to prompt Bennett to say something.

Leomaris went to take a step forward however he fell forwards only being caught by Caspian. 

"He is your mate brother?" Caspian asked slightly shocked. I looked towards Bennett and noticed how awkward and worried he looked so I broke the silence that had fallen over us.

"Caspian lie Leomaris down here," I said pointing to the grey sofa with brightly coloured patterned cushions. "Bennett start treating him, he's hurt." I told him clearly. 

Bennett hasn't uttered a word yet and I'm slightly worried at how he will react to being mated with a merman. He hasn't dated or shown any interest in relationships since Eric, so I really don't know how he's going to react to this.