Chapter 06

Valerie's POVI sat in the living room after work and school doing homework as Charlie drank a beer and anxiously paced the hallway

Valerie's POV
I sat in the living room after work and school doing homework as Charlie drank a beer and anxiously paced the hallway. I sipped on my peppermint tea and glanced at him as I anxiously tapped my pencil on the notebook.

I sighed and set my pencil down before leaning back and redoing my messy bun to have something more to do with my hands. Alice Cullen called an hour ago saying that their plane was landing soon and they'd bring Bella home.

When Charlie came home after the funeral to find that Bella had taken off to Italy with Alice, and that Jake hadn't seen me come home. He was relieved that I was in fact safely home, but then he became enraged with Bella for once again taking off because of the Cullen boy.

I was annoyed with Jake for not only letting her go, but for not immediately calling Charlie and telling him that Alice was on the property. I would've made him go home and kick her out. I don't trust nor like any of the Cullens. I think their liars, and Alice and Edward especially gave me the creeps.

After finding out that she'd been here, I went to my room and began going through my things, to make sure that nothing was missing. A few things had been out of place indicating that someone was in fact in my room and going through my things.

I also noticed oddly enough that there was a bag of my clothes packed on my bed 'Did those morons think that I would want to go anywhere alone with them? Or were they just stealing my things?'

I knew that Charlie wouldn't be able to forgive Bella for her grievances a a second time. This was her second chance, and I don't know what he had planned, but I know that there was only so much a man can take before it's too much.

I hear the sound of a car pulling up in the driveway and peek out the curtain "Oh, you've got to be kidding me..." I muttered upon seeing a silver Volvo parked in the driveway with Edward climbing out and going to the passenger side door. Hearing my tone Charlie immediately leaves the house and I follow him.......carrying his shotgun.

I walked out just in time to see Edward carrying an unconscious Bella bridal style with Charlie charging at them "Get away from her!" Charlie snapped and tried to take her out of his arms. Edward pulled away and said "Please sir, just let me take Bella inside" "Like hell you're ever setting foot in my house again!" I then loudly cocked the shotgun and aimed it at Edward "I second that."

Both men turned to look at me "Hand Bella over and get off our property now Cullen" seeing that I wasn't joking he reluctantly did as told. Charlie took Bella inside and I lowered the gun and approached Edward "Stay away from Bella. You've done enough damage here" I said glaring at him "I don't know what you're talking about. I haven't been here, so I couldn't have done anything to hurt Bella. Maybe you and Charlie should look into your own faults before blaming me."

I glared at him harder "You left her for dead in the woods, and took off and dropped all contact. You left her in a catatonic state for months. Then you show up here acting like the hero and try to gaslight and accuse me and Charlie of hurting her? You've got some nerve."

He scoffed and said "I know your not innocent. You're a monster, thank goodness that Zeke died. I bet he did it on purpose just to get away from you" I glared at his dress shoes wishing that I hadn't drank that tea so I could vomit on them. I settled for socking him in the nose.

I heard a crunch as he fell to the ground and looked at my perfectly fine hand before back at him. Suddenly as if hearing my silent prayer, I felt a wave of nausea overtake me and I threw up all over his pretty little dress pants and shirt, and shoes.

I then walked away as if nothing happened while Edward released noises of disgust from behind me. I smirked as I heard the Volvo start up and take off.

I bet he got some on his precious car too.