too much pink

after two weeks of unbearable practices, scarlett took her time in the locker room after todays. adam's been helping a lot with everyone. they still keep giving scarlett shit, but not as much as before.

adam and scarlett have been talking a lot more lately. scarlett's not mad about it either. she forgot how much she liked talking to him. he made her feel better no matter what.

he helps her out with everyone and everything at practice, they would wait for each other in the locker room after practice, they would walk back to the dorms together, they would sometimes even talk to each other in the classes they were in together.

"hey, are we still on for later?"

oh, and they secretly hang out every day. they only do it in secret because the team would flip. also jack and nancy, but mostly the team.

"i've gotta go dress shopping. homecoming is literally gonna kill me." scarlett rolled her eyes and adam opened the door for them to walk out of the locker room.

"tell me about it. nancy wanted me to get a spray tan so i'll look as tan as her. i mean, what the hell?" adam shook his head as scarlett laughed at him.

"no way! that's actually vile. y'know, if she wasn't such a bitch, i'd say she's funny for that." scarlett smirked as adam scoffed.

"yeah, hilarious." he shook his head with a small smile. "i'll see you tomorrow, then. if i'm not orange." he mumbled before walking down to the boys dorms.

"i can only hope." scarlett laughed at the image of an orange adam. she changed and showered quickly so her and jack could go dress shopping.

"hey." jack smiled as scarlett walked out of her dorm. she smiled and the two started walking to the parking lot.

"so.." she started slowly as the two sat in front of jack's car. he turned toward her with furrowed eyebrows and immediately knew what she was about to ask.

"no."

"what? you didn't even know what i was-"

"you can't drive my car, scarlett."

"ah, man, come on!"

"no." he shrugged, starting the car.

"please." she whined like a literal child. stomping over to the driver side. "please, please, jack. i'll do literally anything." she groaned at the straight face he was making.

"if you wanna drive, we can take your-"

"i don't want to drive my car, i want yours!"

jack sighed. scarlett smiled sweetly at him as he rubbed his face with his hands. "fine." he said, his hands muffling it.

"what?"

"fine." he mumbled.

"what?" scarlett smirked.

"fine, scarlett, you can drive my car." he said loudly, opening the driver side door for her and tossing her the keys.

scarlett smiled, knowing he was going to give in anyway. she hopped into the front seat, getting comfy as jack rolled his eyes.

"do not crash my car. i'm serious scarlett." he said as they started to drive.

"i'm not gonna crash-" she stepped on the breaks quickly to trick him. he grabbed the handle and yelled. scarlett laughed, stopping at the stop sign.

"that's not even funny." jack took a deep breath, calming his nerves.

"it's a little funny." scarlett shrugged with a smirk.

"nope."

"it's not like i don't know how to drive. i have my license, i have a car, i drive pretty much everyday. don't worry about your precious, expensive, baby, okay?" she mocked with a sarcastic pout.

"whatever." jack mumbled with an eye roll.

"whatever." she mocked, slamming on the breaks again. he flung forward and glared at her.

"one more time, and we pull over and i drive." he said simply.

"yeah, but you can't make me pull over if i'm the one driving." she gave him a challenging smile.

"i'm gonna die." jack mumbled, closing his eyes and slumping back into his seat.

-

"so, what colors are we thinking?" scarlett asked jack, looking around at all the dresses hung up in the fancy boutique.

this was like scarlett's secret place. she came here every time she needed a dress. or needed to relax. the whole aura of the place was just so comforting and calm. it was so beautiful too, inside and out.

so, when they offered scarlett a job in her sophomore year she couldn't say no.

"that's your thing to figure out not mine. don't you have to figure out colors that match complexion and skin tone or whatever?" he asked confused.

scarlett stared at him blankly. "i'm sorry, what?"

"i don't know, something nancy was complaining about today." he shrugged, going through the dress rack.

"well, that's your first mistake." scarlett sighed. "never listen to nancy. about anything. literally ever." she said simply, but seriously.

"got it." jack nodded.

"alright, what about.." scarlett hummed, looking around the store. "pink?" she asked, but mostly told. she had in mind a couple good dresses.

"pink?..why not like, black?"

"what are you, goth? blacks a semi color, anyway." she rolled her eyes at his knowledge.

scarlett decided to purposely annoy jack by trying on pretty much every pink dress the store had in her size. which wasn't much considering it was a small store, but enough to make jack hit the back of his head off the wall there was just about a dent.

"so, what'd you think?"

"too much pink."

"hey, that rhyme-"

she was cut off by a painful groan. she rolled her eyes at his dramatic act and smirked.

"actually, i'm not really feeling the pink anymore." she frowned lightly. "how about-"

"no, please, no more dresses." he whined, slumping out of the chair and onto the floor.

"jesus, get up. this is my place of work, i can't be seen with a literal man-child." scarlett rolled her eyes, lifting him and throwing him onto his chair.

"please, man-child." he scoffed.

"i have the perfect dress in mind." scarlett gasped, running to the back storage room.

the dress was emerald green, with gold flower designs. it had just finished being made by the owner a couple days ago. she didn't want to put it up for sale, she wanted scarlett to have it.

the two have a close relationship. scarlett's been going there ever since she was a little girl. the woman knows her mom, so she was there when scarlett was a baby.

scarlett opened the box, read the little note card,
and sighed happily. it was too prefect.

-

guys i'm going to see gracie abrams in march im literally so excited

anyway yeah

so excited