Chapter 32

Y/N'S POV:

The clanking throughout the castle halls were loud, echoing with each turn I took as my gaze hardened, looking ahead.

The situation I had walked away from left a bitter taste in mouth, my throat tightening and my head feeling queasy.

It was more than just a bittersweet feeling I felt. It was pain, anger, sadness, and guilt all in one sitting. I didn't know if this would be the last time I would see them.

Maybe Jack was setting up a trap for me to fall right into, like the being I was. Actions before thinking is my go-to. Though, it hurts in the end more than it saves.

I tsked, shaking my head. Can't think about the past anymore y/n. It's up to you to save Tommy. And I know he's alive.

My body goes on auto-pilot as I make my way to my room, earning gasps and squinted eyes from maids and helpers around the castle as I stomp my way through.

I freeze up as I stand in front of the door, afraid that if I opened it up with shaky hands, everything would fade away.

Being honest, I was scared. I don't know what's up ahead for me, and even though I felt prepared you never know what the future holds for you.

Your future can be in your own grasp until it isn't anymore. Until someone rips it away from you because you were wreck-less.

Dream was right. I may be falling into something I can't handle alone. But who's going to do it if no one else steps up? I'd rather die with my belief that Tommy's alive and try instead of sit here, watching his grave for the rest of my years to come, knowing there's never a body sitting under that soil.

I grab the courage to open up the door as I shakily grab the knob and push it open.

It creaks as it hits the wall and I grab down to take my boots off. I set everything down and strip away my blood-wretched clothes, scrunching up my nose in disgust as I get a whiff of blood, the smell of it filling up my nostrils.

I throw the dirtied clothes to the ground after peeling them off my body and I take my last chance to get into a nice relaxing bath. Well, as relaxing as it could get, knowing I needed to leave again soon. I didn't have time to sit around and relax when there was a life at stake. An important one.

Stepping into the bath I had made, I sink in, lowering myself into the tub until the water was up to my neck.

I give a content sigh as the flakes of dried up blood start to wither away into the water, leaving the liquid with a red discoloring.

In enough time, the water had turned fully red and dirty as I washed off my body. I was clean and ready to get out so I pushed myself up as my hands grab the outside rims of the tub, the water droplets dripping from my skin.

Finishing up, I grab a towel cloth, drying myself off as I swing my legs out of the tub and fully stand.

It was time to get a move on and I swallowed my fears back down, knowing what I had to do next.

Making way out of the bathroom I pause, staring at myself in the mirror. I stay frozen as I look at the bruise that's left on my neck. How Jack held me down as I had gasped out for air, the pressure bad enough to leave a purple hand-shaped bruise around my neck.

I try to not let my emotions get the best of me as I swerve away from the mirror. I couldn't right now. There were bigger issues than worrying about the bruise.

I went over to my wardrobe, packing whatever new-found clothes I could get my hands on as I stuff them into my bag.

As my bag was filled to the brim with new clothes and whatever supplies I could use to help me on my journey, I almost forget to pack the thing that helped me defeat Jack.