Chapter 30

"Fück you, Kian," I grind out, clenching my teeth together to hold back a scream.

A melodious laugh falls from his lips as he brushes hair away from my face. It annoys the hell out of me.

"C'mon, get up, baby," he replies, holding a hand out for me. I glare at him before taking his hand. He places the other hand behind my back to help me sit up. Once my feet touch the floor, Kian helps pull me into a standing position.

"Gah!" I let out quite a loud scream in pain as I fight for balance. "Please," I breath out. "Please tell me why the fück I let you do this to me again."

Kian laughs again, releasing my hand momentarily so that he can grab the bag that has been sitting in the corner for a month. "Maddie, you didn't let me do it. You asked me to."

"Was I drunk?" I reply angrily, wanting him to hurry the fück up.

He slings the bag over his shoulder before grabbing our phones off of the night stand and then returning to my side. He places my phone in the bag before making a call on his phone.

While the call connects, we slowly walk to Christopher's room to pick him up before we leave.

"Wake up, Christopher," I coo as I walk towards his bed, seeing the small, sleeping three year old.

"Mommy?" He mumbles as his eyes begin to open.

"Yes, baby, we have to go," I tell him, leaning down as much as I can to grab his hands.

"Go where?" He says, his words slightly slurred and incoherent since he is only three.

"Mommy has to go to the hospital," I tell him, holding his hand as he walks to his closet for his shoes.

"Time for sissy?" He looks up at me with wide eyes.

"Yes, it's time for sissy," I reply, hissing as I hold back another scream at a contraction.

Once Christopher has his shoes on, we walk towards the hallway where Kian hangs up his phone and places it in a bag.

"You ready, Maddie?"

I nod to him as we walk towards the stairs. Slowly and as painlessly las possible, I walk down the stairs with Kian aiding me.

"I called Audrey and your dad. They're on their way." Kian informs me as he helps me into the car. I nod before he straps Christopher in.

Kian good in the driver's seat, throwing it in reverse before we're out of the driveway and then we're speeding to the hospital.

"Deep breaths, Madison," Kian instructs, looking at me consciously as we pull into the hospital parking lot. We walk up the ramp where a nurse meets us with a wheelchair. I'm grateful for it as I sit in it and Kian takes Christopher.

Once we reach the labor and delivery floor, the nurses are quick to get me set up in my own room with an IV started.

"The doctor will be in as soon as she can," a nurse informs me before leaving the room.

"Mommy," Christopher calls, running to the side of my bed.

"Hi, baby," I say to him as Kian sits on the side of it, pulling Christopher into his lap. "Are you excited for your new sister?"

Christopher nods excitedly. I feel the slight pain of a small contraction and I wince.

A knock on the door sounds before Kian replies. "Come in!"

The door opens to reveal my father and Audrey. I smile at them as they walk in with balloons and flowers. I roll my eyes at the gesture that they shouldn't have done.