Daki x Reader

This is an updated version per @HantraxHF request!
————————————————————————

It was baffling the lack of concerns I held for this job or any sort of mission given to me by the demonslayer corps.  Maybe it was the way I no longer cared for myself much that made me so expendable, no helpful skills or redeeming qualities besides being used as bait.  Never fighting back or trying to change my fate seemed to have led me here, dressed as a young girl in a brothel type house looking for a demon where rumors infested this place like pests but nothing with any solid proof to report back after a full day of powdered hell. 

As my attention switched to my surroundings I rounded the hallways corner to hear the faint crying of a little girl.  The sound struck something deep inside me, a wrongness that reminded me that this was a brothel. 

Without another thought I raced down the hall to the door the horrible noise seemed to be coming from, throwing open the screen as the scene unfolded in my mind.  The room was destroyed, furniture turned over, dressing screens knocked down, only a small girl kneeling in the middle of it all.  My eyes shot around looking for what I assumed was a disrespectful client to find no one else. 

"Hey, are you alright?"  I knelt by the small child's side, my hand gently rubbing her back.  Her tears seemed to spill softer, her breaths turning even as she physically calmed.  Whatever happened in here had clearly spooked her.  I patted her with my hand, hoping I was making her feel better.  "It's going to be okay, you're safe," I murmured, not confident in my words with the destruction surrounding us. 

An overwhelming feeling oozed through my body as I instantly came to the realization I was screwed.  There was only one thing in this world that could incite such a suffocating aura of power.  My eyes stayed glued to the girl by my side knowing a demon had entered the room behind us. 

"What do you think you're doing in here?" a sharp voice demanded.  The girl beside me flinched before her crying continued now accompanied with trembling.  The demon was clearly female by the sound of her voice making my morals clash in a mix of contradictions though my responsibility at the moment was the well being of this little girl. 

I didn't answer right away, shifting my body over slowly to cover the girl as much as I could before flicking my wrist for the dagger up my sleeve.  It's no surprise to anyone I didn't have a sword.  Intended casualties don't get mandated weapons.  I sent a quick prayer to whatever god was there watching my pitiful plan unfold before I spun myself to my feet, striking with my dagger. 

Silence cut through the air, not my weapon, as I came to an abrupt halt.  She was absolutely gorgeous, more of a goddess than a demon really.  The point of the knife hovered an inch away from her unblinking eyes.  She, however, didn't hesitate to throw me across the room.  My body crashed through the screen door as I landed in the hallway as dazed as an alcoholic.  Bruises erupted down my back where I had landed.  The demon glared at me with an expression full of disgust. 

"You're not a woman," she spat, an accusation not a question.  I was vaguely aware of my robes slipping past my shoulder, revealing my masculine chest and therefore my boyishness to her.  Groggily standing, I attempted to reach the little girl who now was looking at me horrified.  I hope it was due to my injuries, not my chest.  The woman turned away from me towards the small girl who flinched with terror filled eyes. 

"Wait, don't hurt her," I slurred, a metallic taste filling my mouth and dribbling out the corner as I stumbled.  A harsh slap landed across my face leaving a sharp sting that was surely bright crimson.  I collapsed to the ground in a daze, the room beginning to spin. 

"Don't tell me what to do," the demon hissed.  The edges of my vision began to darken and blur.  It was obvious to myself that I would pass out soon enough, fulfilling my purpose for this mission one way or another.  "I think I'm going to keep you though."

Words were mumbled around me that I couldn't focus on and as my body sank to the floor, I watched as the young girl scurried out the broken doorway.  At least she was safe though my fate was unclear as the darkness crowded in.

~~~

It seemed fate had been kind to me that day.  My fingers nimbly wove in a pattern I seemed to have memorized.  The material was soft enough to be comfortable snuggling and eventually plush enough as well.  I brandished the thin needle in my hand as I carefully poked the head of it in the cloth to slide through smoothly and back out again, a black trail following like the slime of a snail. 

The faint hum of a ghost of a melody slid past my lips to fill the silence.  Another stitch done, I moved on to the other side to begin the process all over again.  The mini Daki was nothing compared to the real one.  A warm smile adorned my face at the thought of her. 

It's been a couple months since she took me after finding me in her destroyed room, a rare day I don't regret.  She had locked me away in a room with no windows and no way of escape, only showing up when she had clearly had a horrible day. 

The first few nights had been terrifying as she explained her desire to keep me, being at the mercy of a demon was enough to scare any sensible guy but I had quickly learned the reasons behind her behavior and thought of myself as a type of stress reliever she has come to adore. The pain had always been temporary anyway with no permanent scars but after I figured out my role, I had attempted another option.  Apparently softer physical touches worked just as well as aggressive ones. 

Despite our circumstances and better judgement on both sides, a bond had formed that I couldn't bear to break.  Daki was different when she was with me; she was sweeter, more chatty, more cuddly and loved the candies I found one day walking through the town once she trusted me not to leave her behind.  And even I changed around her.  It was like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders, like my life had purpose and meaning other than dying for the sake of others.  I found myself laughing, smiling, cracking jokes and being treated like a real person. 

It was what led me to where I am right now, pouring my heart into a small craft for her love.  The small stuffies were clearly homemade with offset stitches and weird tucks here and there but were easy to tell what they were.  Mini Daki and mini me had taken me a few afternoons to create from an old lesson my mother had taught me years ago but ended up looking adorable.  It seemed to be a hidden talent of mine that I planned to put to use. 

"Wait, what are those?"  The voice piped up behind me making me jump slightly.  I hadn't expected her home so soon.  Her hands snatched up the stuffies as she froze making a drop of sweat roll down my neck.  A loud squeal split the air making me jump in surprise. 

"OH MY GOSH I LOVE THEM!" she screamed, instantly suffocating the small plushies in her arms.  Before I could work up the nerve to confess my feelings she was in my arms and tugging me to the bed with her.  Her arms wrapped around my neck, her legs tangling with mine before she pressed a kiss to my lips.  My eyelids fluttered close as I leaned into her small body willingly, my fingers running through her hair and down her back to her waist. 

We found a steady rhythm as we both seemed to swoon into the affection of the other.  I pressed my chest flush against hers, one hand moving up to cup her face gently. 

Eventually I needed air, pulling away to hear both of us panting.  Daki broke out into a fit of giggles making my face heat up.  "Did I do something wrong?" I asked flustered.  Her giggles continued making my own laugh chime in with hers.  There was something infectious about her happiness that made my spirits soar.  Her laughing subsided enough for her to speak through a large smile. 

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to do something," she flicked my forehead teasingly.  My mouth fell open, her taking it as an opportunity to place another kiss against my mouth.  My shock dissipated instantly by the movements of her lips.  I pulled away yet again. 

"I want to be your boyfriend," I stated, wanting to make it official and clear.  Her eyes lit up like a thousand stars, my breath catching at the sight. 

A warm smile pulled at her mouth and I already knew the answer before she had to say it, though the words made chills run down my spine.  "I want you too."

I wanted her to be sure though.  She needed to be a hundred percent positive she wanted this.  I didn't want to feel like I was forcing her into something she wasn't even sure she cared for.  "Are you sure, Daki?"

She gave me an irritated look and a roll of her eyes before pressing a harsher kiss against my lips that made me swoon once again.  Her hands rested against my chest lovingly yet firmly.  "I've never been more sure about anything."