Chapter 72

Y/N POV

"You're... you're leaving me?" Lisa pouted at me, nothing but pure devastation painting her face.

The interview had gone so well, the managers offering me the role the next day. To say I was excited was an understatement.

"Well, I gave them the opportunity to give me a pay rise to convince me to stay, but it was still less than this new job." I shrugged unapologetically.

I did feel bad for leaving Lisa, but at the same time, I had 7 other people to take care of now. I couldn't stay in a lower paying job just to keep working with my friend. Not to mention, I was not going to lose this opportunity to get away from Lucas.

"When's your last day?" She continued pouting, abandoning any hope of getting work done this morning.

"I had to give 3 weeks notice, so we've still got some time together!" I tried to cheer her up.
"I'm so excited for this new place, the office looked so nice, and the managers were really friendly!"

"Ugh. Fine, I'm happy for you I guess." Lisa grumbled out.

"Awww it's not like we're never going to see each other again! Besides, Jisoo said we should have a mega play date at her house soon. I'm sure Namjoon would have no objections to seeing Rose again." I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

Lisa's overdramatic pout turned into a smirk, before shifting into something much more sinister.

We may or may not have had a few chats about the pair. There was no doubt that they got along well the first time they met. Even though the two of them denied it being anything other than friendship, Lisa and I decided that they were lying. It wouldn't hurt to encourage their friendship a little more, right?

"Fine, we should do it this weekend then. So I can see your new place too."

"Deal!"

"Wow, very nice!" Lisa walked through my living room, inspecting the walls as if they were important or something.

"Um, I can show you the rooms, and then maybe outside as well?" We heard Namjoon give Rose his own tour of the house.

I shot a small grin to Lisa, very amused at how sweet and shy the wolf hybrid sounded. She just grinned back, pretending not to notice the two walking towards the bedrooms.

"Anyway, this is the kitche-"
"We should totally try and get them together!" Lisa butt in.
"Lisa! They can probably hear you!" I scolded her, but was unable to hide my giggles.

I felt like a teenage girl, gossiping with my friend about who likes who.

"Come on! I think she likes him, but whenever I ask she won't say anything!"

"Why don't we just let them do their own thing? I'm sure they'd appreciate being left alone." I rolled my eyes at her.

Lisa reluctantly agreed as I showed her the rest of the kitchen. Namjoon and Rose had gone through all the rooms and seen the backyard as well. He finally took her over to Jisoo's to hang out with the rest of the guys.

"Hey, were you still looking for another hybrid? You said you were thinking of getting a friend for Rose?" I asked as I passed her a cup of tea.

"Oh! Yeah! Well for a second I thought about taking Namjoon off your hands..." she smirked at me as I choked on my tea. "But I remembered that he has a pack, and you don't separate packs."