56

Sunlight pierces through the gap of your window veil, flooding your room with the sign of morning. The sound of your alarm follows after a few second causing you to stir in your bed. You tiredly reach for your phone to stop the annoying reminder and tread to the bathroom.

The dark circles under your eyes as you stare at your own reflection brings back memories of last night. They're so visible, they make your lips tremble.

"Here, why don't you try this." The faint recollection echoes in your mind causing you to shake your head.

You proceed to make yourself presentable for work, popping a piece of bread in your mouth when you suddenly hear the door bell.

Lisa surprises you with an offer. She volunteers to drive you to work using your car. After so much deliberation and quarreling, you figured you could use a break from driving.

She wasn't going to take no for an answer anyway. You had your car washed just yesterday so we're able to avoid her preachings about hygiene.

When the red light's shown, she gently step on the break and slows the car to a stop. "So what exactly happened last night? Jin told me your little date with Taehyung didn't go exactly as planned."

The emphasis wasn't necessary.

"Not a date. And. He's not wrong." You mumble the last part, staring at the window like you're waiting for it to burn.

"Yeah but that doesn't explain why you look like a panda. Did you even get enough sleep last night?" Way to paint out the obvious.

"No I didn't. And it's no thanks to that brother in law of yours. Our little get together last longer than I anticipated. He dropped me off at my place around three."

"In the afternoon?"

"More like after midnight."

"You really can't blame the guy, Y/n. He probably just wanted to spend time with you before he traveled back."

"He left again?"

"Guess he forgot to tell you." She says. "He's really trying you know."

Trying.

You let out a sigh. Maybe you're putting too much response to what happened last night. But did he have to keep you for so long even though he knew you had work the following morning? He just wanted to spend time with you. If you were in his shoes, you'd have done the same.

You allow silence to fill the duration of the travel.

By the time your arrive at the building, a coworker hands you a list of patients under you. "Just a heads up, patient in room 234 has dementia so I'd remind them they're in a hospital if I were you."

Judging by the terrified look in her eye, you can tell she's had a rough experience.

"Anything else I need to know?"

"Uhm—not really. Just good luck."

Lunch time came around. A man in a suit arrived in the building requesting for your presence. There was almost something familiar about him.

You got your answer when he mentioned Taehyung's mother.

Tingles settled on the tips of your fingers as you face the Queen herself. She takes a sip from her tea and looks around at the empty place.

So much for a normal lunch break.

Not only that, you're running out of time. Ten minutes left before you're needed back.