34 ¦ Plush Penguin

"IN THE NAME OF CHRIST'S SAKE, YOU WILL NEVER EVER NEED THAT SHIT!" Heeseung yelled at Sunghoon. The latter ran at full speed towards our small bus and stowed a gray bag inside. Heeseung dashed after him and pulled one of the bag's handles. A rope-pulling-like scuffle ensued. 

Hoon shouted in a huff, "Omomomo!!! Yahhh... let go of my bag right now!" 

Heeseung retorted annoyed, "The trunk of this bus is tiny. You can't take your stupid giant plush penguin with you!" 

Sunghoon said in exasperation, "Then she'll come on the bus next to me!" 

Heeseung again retorted, "So that house no. 2 sees how grown up we are with a stuffed penguin next to us?! I'd rather die! Now leave it here!" 

Hoon grumbled, "Then die! And no, I'm lonely without her!" Jay joined in and lightly slapped Sunghoon on the back of the head. 

"Your brain is lonely somewhere out there in the big, wide world, too. Go find it! Maybe someday you'd have as much swag as I do." Said Jay and snatched the bag with the stuffed animal out of Hoon's hand along with Heeseung. 

Sunoo watched the whole scene and said to me with a grin, "And they've been on this planet for over 100 years. You'd think they'd mature over time, but they don't." Laughing, I high-fived with Sunoo. 

All three of them turned to us and shouted, "You think we can't hear you?" 

I raised my hands apologetically and replied, "It's not my fault you guys don't mature." 

Jake then walked past me with his bag and said, "We're a whole lot more mature than you think. Especially more experienced than you, my dear angel of abstinence." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. Jake thought he was the funniest, too. I wasn't going to let that stand. 

"Well, some don't mature, some just don't grow." 

Jake abruptly dropped his bag, came up to me and lifted me from behind. He twirled me punishingly through the air a few times and, after I kicked at him once or twice, put me back down. 

"You annoying midget!" I shouted, straightening my tousled hair. 

Grinning, Jake picked his bag back up and said, "Well, you may tease me for my size. But you know I may not be particularly tall, there's something else about me for that but- HMMPFFF!" Jungwon covered his mouth and dragged him away from me. 

"That's too far below the belt even for you, Jakey." 

Sunoo laughed, "Huh.... Literally." 

Jay, meanwhile, was already kneeling on the floor, embarrassed by his roomies, and covering his face with his hands. He did that a lot. I thought it was funny. 

Now that we were all outside, Levi also joined us, with a half-dead Joshua in tow, who mumbled sleepily, "It's way too early to leave now, homies." He had dark circles under his eyes and was generally a shade paler than usual.