Chapter Forty

"I have never in my life felt so calm and yet on fire all at the same time knowing deep in my bones he is who i've waited for all my life."

- Vera Valentine

Luna's POV

"Luna baby,"

"Mmm?"

"Look at me for a sec?"

"Uh uh."

"Please?"

"Oli..." I groan.

The chest that I've got my face buried into rumbles beneath me with his laugh. My favourite sound. "Please, love? I need to ask you something."

"Why...?" I groan once more but relent, rolling away so that I'm no longer on top of him. I sit up begrudgingly as he does the same, smiling at me fondly. I quickly get distracted by the sight of him naked in my bed, my eyes wandering.

Tucking his finger under my chin, he gently guides my gaze up to his, a crooked smile on his lips. "My eyes are up here."

I smile. "I know. I wasn't trying to look at your eyes."

His cheeks pink slightly and his eyes narrow, "Behave. What I need to ask is very important."

I sober up at his words and nod my head, staying silent so that he can speak.

Gently cupping my cheeks in his hands, he gazes at me for a moment before murmuring, "Will you go on a date with me today?"

I can't help the grin that splits my cheeks, "A date?"

He nods, eyes darting across my face. "A date. Just you and me. This has all happened so fast and everyone found out so fast... I just want to go somewhere with you and spend time with just you. Does that sound okay?"

"That sounds perfect," I agree immediately, leaning forward to kiss him quickly and pulling away after just a second. "Where should we go?"

He shrugs, pulling me back into him until I'm sitting in his lap, wrapped up in his arms. "Wherever you like, Luna Baby. Maybe somewhere outside? We could get food? Or the weather's nice so we could go to the beach?"

"Ooh!" I sit up straighter, my arms around his neck, "We should definitely go to the beach. We could go to the grocery store first and pick up some things to have a picnic? Oh, that would be so cute!"

"Of course we can do that. Would you like to go now or later?"

"Mmm... soon. I need to get dressed and catch up with Laney first to see how her night went. Maybe after that we'll go to the grocery store then come back here so that we can put everything together for lunch. Then we'll head to the beach. Good?"

"Great. Though we could go back to mine to make lunch, that way I can grab my trunks and everything."

"Excellent idea."

I spend too long after that wrapped up in his arms instead of getting ready for the day. But he just smells divine and his touch warms me to my core. I could stare at him all day and never be bored. Eventually we do manage to untangle our limbs and climb out of bed. Once we're both dressed and I've thrown my hair into a ponytail, we leave my room and head out to the living room.

I spot Laney immediately sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee in her hand, her phone in the other. Her feet are up on the coffee table while she scrolls on her phone. Quickly, I hurry over to her, sitting down beside her. "How was your night?" I ask eagerly, "Who was the girl?"