( 𝟎𝟕𝟗 ) the hospital

-  HEADING INTO THE HOSPITAL felt strange for Zoe, like she was back in time where the world hadn't gone to shit and there wasn't walkers trying to kill you left right and centre

-  HEADING INTO THE HOSPITAL felt strange for Zoe, like she was back in time where the world hadn't gone to shit and there wasn't walkers trying to kill you left right and centre. The girl had only been to a hospital a handful of times, for small things like appointments, but never for something large, not like a few of her friends that had had broken legs at times due to playing football at her school.. It felt surreal, to be in such a clean place like this hospital, the people that ran the place clearly liked to keep it this way, and it was strange to Zoe that they had this much time on their hands to be able to do so; every single place they've had to stay at, there has never been enough time to be able to keep it all clean like this, it made her believe that maybe they could eventually find somewhere that was safe, and live like normal people once again.

Walking through the hallways behind Nate felt strange, the fact that they would be able to see Beth in a few seconds, and Carol, whom they all wanted to get back. The girl kept close to her boyfriend as they followed the rest of the group with the cops in front, guns trailed on their backs as they kept their eyes forward, Rick looking through the door in front of them. When they were told to holster their weapons, Nate didn't feel great about it, not knowing what would happen if they didn't have their guns out, anything could go down that involved one of them getting hurt, and he didn't like it one bit.. Rick watched as the man edged in front of his daughter as he put his gun away, and he nodded his head at him, grateful for Nate yet again for always putting his daughter first, and keeping her safe no matter what.

Opening the double doors, Nate and Zoe followed behind the group as they all walked in - the two cops walking forwards as Rick took the place at the front of the group, "They haven't been harmed." He told the other group, as the leader stood besides Beth, Zoe unable to look anywhere else but the girl, having thought that she would never see her again..

"Where's Lamson?" The lead cop asked, as Zoe stiffened besides the group, waiting for one of the cops they have hostage to admit they had killed two of their own. She also felt Nate stiffen besides her, knowing that he had killed one of them himself whilst Rick had killed one of them, too.

"Rotters got him." Shepherd lied, "We saw it go down." He said, showing no emotion whatsoever.

Zoe watched the other leader of the group and how the woman reacted to the news that one of her own was dead - she didn't act that upset at the fact, and because of that, Zoe was not sure that this was the kind of person they should be dealing with. Nate just wanted to get the exchange over and done with, so they could go back to the church and figure out their next plan of action and where they were going to move to next and how they were going to do it all. Since the prisons the group had been through so much, and they just needed a break for once. "One of yours for one of mine." The other leader announced, just like they had planned to do so.

"Alright." Rick agreed, nodding his head towards Daryl whom had the other cop, the one that Nate didn't like at all. Daryl pushed the man forwards, holding his hand out for Carol to come forwards in her wheelchair, something that Zoe couldn't believe. How could anyone run someone over, and force them to stay in the hospital where they didn't want to be and they couldn't just leave on their own - it was no way to run a sanctuary, and no way to even live. Zoe felt awful that Carol had to go through something like that, that she had been hit by a car and forced to stay here much like Beth had, and it felt like a prison in there like you couldn't leave even if you wanted to.