Chapter 24: Plotting On Me

It was Monday morning and I did NOT want to go to school. Like, I'm so ready for senior year to be over with. Not only that, but summer is coming to an end and I'm not ready for the cold at all. Today I didn't really feel like dressing up but knowing that Ryan was coming to school, I had to look like something. I wore khaki capris, black 'Chucks', a pink button down shirt, with a black bow tie. That's really the best I could do with this low ass energy I have today. I put my hair in a high bun, used some mascara and cocoa butter on my lips. All I'm hoping for is a carefree, relaxing day.

***************************
You know at school...when you can tell people are going through something or there is a weather change? Well...that's definitely happening today, everyone is extremely hype and there has been 4 fights already today. Between who, I really don't know, but knowing that people are wilding out today.. I'll definitely make sure I stay to myself.

While walking to art I saw Vonté, I tried not to make eye contact with him. I looked the other way when passing him, hoping he looked over me and wouldn't recognize me. Yet, not to my surprise he stopped me, cutting me off when stopping directly in my path.

"Excuse me." I said, trying to walk around his tall frame.

"Look, can I talk to you really fast?"

"No, I don't have time." I muttered still trying to move, but once again, he cut me off.

"Mackenzie, just please listen to what I have to say. I don't want to talk to you about what happened, I'm trying to make it up to you."

"Make it up to me by not talking to me, ignoring me and acting like I don't exist."

"As much as you want me to, I can't. I have to tell you something serious. Just trust me this one time, I'm only asking you for a minute." I shouldn't give him the time of day, I should just walk past him. But, would it really hurt talking to him for a second?

"Ok.....you have a few seconds."

"Thanks, but we gotta go somewhere where no one can hear us."

"Why?" Now I was feeling different about giving him a chance, I don't ever want to be alone with him.

"Because I have to tell you something serious, that only YOU should know about. They would kill me if they knew I was telling you." Rolling my eyes at him I reluctantly agreed.

"Ok, sure."

"Good, let's go over here." I followed behind Vonté as he walked toward the back stairwell. We walked to the bottom of the staircase where there was an empty space, usually where people come to kiss or more. For some reason teachers aren't usually on the back stairwell.

"Ok, what do you have to tell me that's so serious?" I questioned stepping slightly away from him.

"I know you're still mad at me and shit but I was really an asshole and I'm really trying to get back on your good side."

"How do you think you're going to fix it?"

"By telling you this shit that's about go down with your ex-friends." Why do I care about anything they're doing? They're a bunch of nobody ass bitches.

"Now Vonté, why would I care about anything that they do? They can jump off a roof butt naked for all I care." I went to go up the stairs, but was stopped my Vonté's response.

"You should care because they plottin on you." He whispered, causing me to quickly turn around.

"They're plotting on me? What do you mean?"

"I mean that they're planning to jump you. Natalie, Taylor, Kesha, and some of my friends were hanging out this weekend, we was smoking weed and shit. Anyways, Natalie and Taylor were laughing and shit, so I asked what was up and they said 'A lot of shit is popping off Monday.' I was like 'Why?' Then Kesha was like 'We jumping Mackenzie.' I asked them why and they was talkin about you fake and some other shit. I wanted to tell you because they said they're doing it at lunch right when you come in."