The Inner Circle

The Inner Circle

"My Lord." came the smooth voice of Severus Snape and Tom hummed as he glanced up from another request from the ministry. The Slytherin head of house was not there in person, instead sending a letter similar to a Howler, only there was no yelling involved and this was closer to a two way communication device. "Evening Severus. Continue." he replied and the letter seemed to dip before speaking again.

"The schools are here, and Igor happens to be the headmaster of Durmstrang. He is not loyal to you anymore. Though I do not believe he is on the side of the Light either." said Severus and Tom chuckled. "Is that all? After the school year is over, he still must be killed. He holds too much information. We cannot have someone looking into his memories. Is that all?" said the Dark Lord, standing from his desk and stretching his stiff limbs briefly. "Viktor Krum has joined the Inferno's ranks. He is loyal to Slytherin House and the Dark. And I believe Hadrian will realize some time during the Tournament." 

Tom's eyes gleamed at this and he couldn't help but laugh, his magic vibrating with elation. "This is better than what I could have hoped for. Viktor Krum. Not only a public figure but he'll have plenty of good connections from Bulgaria. I'm sure he must be powerful if Hadrian offered him a spot with his closest friends and followers. And to top it off by the end of this year my little King will be the youngest Dark Lord in history. He has so much more room to grow." murmured the crimson eyed man and Severus hummed. 

"I believe that is all for tonight my Lord. The feast has ended and students are placing their names in the Goblet. Soon they'll be dismissed to their Houses." he said and Tom waved a hand. "You may go." he replied, walking by as the letter burst into flames soon after. 

"Oh, I was just coming to see you my Lord." said Tadeus upon seeing Tom exit his office, smiling to himself. "About?" questioned the man, striding forward with the brown haired wizard by his side. "Well we have nothing planned for the rest of this evening and Cissa wanted to gather all of the inner circle to just..catch up." he said and Tom paused, raising a brow at his old friend. "Really? It's nearly nine." he said and Tadeus nodded. "It is but we have nothing to do in the morning but train." he said with a smile as he spotted the tell tale signs of anxiety in Tom's expression.

There weren't many that could see it, as most weren't close enough to Tom to know. But of course Tadeus was that close so he could see that his Lord was indeed anxious to catch up with his old friends. He hadn't truly spent time with them in nearly a decade. He always spoke to Tadeus and Lucius and even Sirius on occasion. But he had not spoken to Bellatrix and the others properly in years. Though Tadeus doubted they minded, it was still good to make sure their bond as Lord and followers did not waver nor weaken. 

Hadrian's friends and the young witches and wizards of Hogwarts had such a bond that Tadeus wanted to prove to himself as well as those admirable children, that the generations before theirs was still as strong and fierce as they had been then.

"I see. I suppose.." he muttered, glancing away from his friend and Tadeus chuckled now as he took the lead, the Dark Lord following quietly behind, his mind racing with thoughts he hadn't had in a long time. For a while he had forgotten his followers used to be his friends. After using the stone to regain his body, his mind had been much clearer. Before the Darkness, the magic he had reveled in had been driving him toward madness.

He had forgotten why he had originally became a Dark Lord. Why he needed to change the way Albus Dumbledore ran the ministry and his precious Hogwarts.