Chapter 10: New Home

Leaving is one of the hardest things Esmyrie has ever had to do.

It is like the final goodbye to her father, knowing now, for the first time ever, she is somewhere without him.

She is leaving the life he built for her, and she just hopes he will forgive her when they meet again.

The flight is long. All the Sully kids following their fathers command, it seems however that not even Jake knows where he is going.

They are flying around aimlessly, flying through a storm at one point.

It has been hours, morning soon turning into eclipse, and Esmyrie at times thought she was going to fall asleep from her exhaustion.

She hasn't slept well in the most recent weeks, and now with her pushing her body to stay up later, was really pushing it.

Lo'ak would look back every few minutes, making sure she is still there, and it's not a dream of her coming with them.

Neteyam always smirks and gives his brother a knowing look when he sees Lo'aks eyes grow in concern until they land on the girl.

Soon the sun rises again and finally, finally after hours and hours of travel they see Na'vi, they are swimming in the sea, one throwing a net out.

Jake looks towards Neytiri and when she gives a nod of her head, Jake takes that as his answer, for they will try to find refuge here.

They hear the sound of a horn being blown, probably their way of telling the Clan that there are newcomers. They went in a circle, before landing their Ikran on a pile of sand. Neytiri lands first, Tuk in her arms, than Jake, and the Sully kids land after their father, Esmyrie landing last, not wanting to be seen from the crowd that has formed where they have landed.

"Be nice." Neytiri orders her children, looking towards Lo'ak mostly as he is always a trouble maker.

Jake walks with his hands up, a sigh of piece, trying to show that they aren't dangerous, that they are here for a reason besides attacking. Neytiri and Kiri follow behind him, the brothers and Esmyrie standing in the back.

Esmyrie never has liked crowds, especially now, after her banishment, she feels awkward and uncomfortable around a lot of people, so she tries to stay behind Lo'ak. Lo'ak can sense her nerves and puts a protective hand on her waist, pushing her behind him so she is being shielded from wondering eyes. Neteyam can also see the girls worried expression and stands a little closer to his brother, being there to protect if things go sideways.

The clan has now surrounded the family, and two boys in particular have their interest peeked. They walk infront of the clan, and towards Lo'ak and Neteyam. The brothers give a form of greeting, but it isn't returned, and so Lo'ak pulls Esmyrie a little closer to him, not liking how they weren't welcomed.

The boys begin to walk around the brothers, and that's when they notice Esmyrie hiding behing Lo'ak. What older boys eyes widen at the girl, looking her up and down, causing Esmyrie to get uncomfortable and wrap her arms around herself.

Neteyam sees the action and knows his brother is about to cause a scene, one that could easily force them to leave and keep traveling, which they didn't want to do. He looks to Lo'ak and sees that his brother is already glaring at the boy, and Neteyam sighs out, the smallest things can get him anger.

"Be nice to her please.... we have come a long way from home." Neteyam asks, trying to get the attention of the girl, which he gladly does when the boy looks at Neteyam and Lo'ak.

"What is that? Is that supposed to be a tail?" One of the boys asking, teasing the boys skinny tails compared to their tails which is much stronger so they can swim well in the sea.