140. merlin's beautiful balls

LOVE + WAR

cxl || merlin's beautiful balls

"Who's grand idea was it to get Sirius a flying motorbike?" Maria asks, folding her arms as she and the other three marauders watch Sirius posing on his new motorcycle. It's a light blue colour with a side car and the three boys had enchanted it to literally fly.

Regulus and Lily are at Godric's Hollow with Nova and Harry, insisting that Maria and her brother spend some time together since they've barely been able to do anything as brother and sister in months. James had told her that they needed to meet Remus and Peter to give Sirius a surprise gift. When she'd found out what it was, she knew that Sirius would be overjoyed with it, however she was unsure as to how this evening would play out.

    "This is bloody brilliant." Sirius exclaims, revving the engine and making Maria grimace. "We've got to test it out! Come on."

    "Padfoot, there's no way us four grown men and Maria are fitting on that bike." Remus says, folding his arms and Maria steps back.

    "I'll just stay here." Maria says and James looks at her incredulously. "Not a fan of flying. . .anything really."

    "Don't be daft, come on." Sirius rolls his eyes. "You and Prongs sit behind me, Moony get in the side car and Wormtail. . .sit on Moony's lap?"

    "Why do I have to sit on his lap?" Peter complains before shaking his head. "I'll just transform into Wormtail, then I can easily fit on."

    "Perfect! Good thinking Pete." Sirius grins as Peter transforms into his animagus form and Remus lifts him up onto his shoulder. "Right, hold tight boys and Prongsette."

    "Oh, please Merlin." Maria presses her forehead against the back of Sirius' leather jacket as the motorcycle begins to speed down the road. "Oh my god!"

   Sirius hollers loudly as they take off from the ground, grins on the boys faces as they soar through the air. James whistles and makes loud howling sound as the wind ruffles their hair.

    Maria smiles, not removing her forehead from Sirius' back yet she feels better just hearing her friends' joyous shouts and laughter. It reminds her of when they were at Hogwarts, when they'd all go to the Potter Manor during summer and do stupid things that seemed so exciting to a bunch of teenage wizards.

Maria carefully removed her head from Sirius' back and smiles slightly, looking at the muggle city beneath them as they soar through the orange sky. Her arms tighten around his waist and James hollers ecstatically, holding his arms above his head.