Chapter 30: My Mind

Wednesday was asleep peaceful dreams of crimson and rain displaying themselves within her head. An oddity simply due to Harry still being wide awake. It would be on his best interest to sleep, but his eyes refused to glue themselves closed. Sleeping would be a good idea due to the forced early morning he would endure when morning came. After all the next day was outreach Day, something Harry found so putrid. It was annoying that relationships and opinions mattered so incredibly much. Annoyance was also found due to the fact that it seemed they never got free time on the weekends. Something was always planned, and always mandatory.

Despite the late hour and the fact that Harry should be asleep his mind was a rush. A small green book was flipped open laid out on Harry's bed. The same little book he had taken from the library in an unethical way. Thing was awake as well, sitting beside him. The appendage was also absorbing the information in. Harry was sure Thing would tell Wednesday, but he did not truly care. Harry simy wanted answers, and it was now he felt the urge to read the books he had found. Reading the pages, which seemed to be a journal:

"As of late my interest in my oddities had come to a peak. The feelings that crawled under my skin, and would suddenly disappear never made sense. Although I never held much normalcy. A boy born with a womb could only live with so much regularity. As I research I figu-"

Harry turned the page not caring much for an introduction. The small boy cared very little for who the author was, he just wanted explanations. Wanted to know if there were answers at all for his oddities. Eventually he stopped at a Ransome page and read again:

"Then I can to a question: were my abilities to give life connected to my abilities which took it? Could they be intertwined and connected? A million and ten questions were present, but I chose to focus on this one. All investigations need a starting ground, and I think I found mine."

Harry skipped through some more paragraphs not wanting to read of the writers emotions. Eventually more content presented itself that felt useful. Harry's heart was rushing with anticipation and curiosity. He wanted to know.

"I found that my abilities liked to hide between messy events. Appearing during a tragedy and leaving right after another."

For a moment Harry thought that he received information that was useful. Although think for a second more he realized that it was not. The idea was not accurate to the way Harry's abilities functioned. True they had come after an event or horror. Watching a monster gobble up a boy was not for the faintest of hearts that was for sure. However if they came after another event they would have left when water had threatened his life. However, they stayed present. When he was kidnapped by other students his abilities had still been present. They had not left until the next morning.

Harry was aware his thought process could be wrong, but frustration was present. He possessed abilities that no one else appeared to have. In his frustration he closed the boom and flipped back. Eyes looked up at the ceiling observing the sight before him. Simple wood really, but he cared little due to the attention his thoughts pulled.

"Maybe it's a lose cause, Thing," Harry whispered out tiredly. Thing felt s little bad for the tiny boy sending him off with a goal the moment eyelids covered those green eyes with sleep.

XxX

A yawn escaped Harry's mouth as Weems voice droned on. Exhaustion was clear on his face due to the late night he caused. Something that rewarded him nothing for no new information was revealed. Part of him wished he had simply tried to sleep when he had initially gone to sleep. It was evident that this day would be long.

Harry kept spacing in and out of the words his principal spoke. He hugged onto Wednesday's arms resting his head on her should. Through his exhaustion he had caught some of the information that had been given to him. He caught that a statue was being revealed. His mind said it was for some crackhead, but he was sure he had heard that wrong. It seemed odd that they would put a crackhead in the town's square.

"Which will include performances by Nevermore students," Weems told the crowd, as Harry tried to listen closer. Some of the students around them jumped for joy, smiled, or squealed at the announcement. Harry just tried to stay awake, if he was being brutally honest.

Weems spoke a little more but none of it felt important. Harry felt daze like and desired sleep and that was all. He would adore rest, but when did he ever get his way. It seemed as soon as her final word left her mouth chaos ensued.

Harry and Wednesday simple stood together. They waited as teachers handed out tasks for them to complete. And soon little blue envelopes were being handed to them. Both black hair humans opened their envelopes to see what it was they would be tortured with. Just as they read their tasks Enid came bouncing over.

"I got pilgrim outfits!" Enid squeezed. Harry would compare her jittery behavior to that of a coffee addict. A beverage he would greatly appreciate at that moment.

"I have natural people skills and a love for performing," Enid broadened in her happiness, "so it's kind of the obvi choice. What'd you two get?"

"I got the Weathervane," Harry mumbled tiredly before letting out a yawn.

" I have Uriah's Heap, whatever that is," Wednesday answered, reading the paper. She truly cared very little. The day would pass eventually.

"Ew," was the response Enid gave. "it's this weird, creepy antique store. I'm crossing claws that Ajax and I will be outreaching together." Enid looked over to Ajax who was talking with Xavier of all people. Harry then felt his heart yearn just a bit.

XxX

Okay and the journey that is Outreach day has begun!

Please comment for future chapters! I would love to hear your thoughts and predictions!