Ch.45 - The Emotions Of Aftershock

Thank you for your enthusiasm! Seriously adorable you guys! Hope you like this loooong chapter! Next update will be Monday!

Hey also, can we appreciate the hotness that is RDJ in the attached photo? Like meh goodness man. How you hott so much.

Any who's. Enjoy!

________________________________________________

Things are blurring and listing to the side. Her world tilting and she's walking and it's all voices and anger. She can hear Brandon speaking, can hear the ice in his voice, the vulgar curses that her professor matches with a strong suggestion He not take a fucking step closer, and she knows there must be more people there now, she can see them in swinging vision but can't specify who.

Brandon, Brandon threatening again to hit Robert as she is fighting for air. Robert's hold gentle but firm, protective and he replies with something along the lines of give me one more excuse to bruise you handicapped. But then they're going and Robert's speaking to her only, but its like there's only darkness enveloping her, stripping the power from her veins. Her body feels quite literally like it's shutting down on her.

She can't breathe and it's all too much because her legs are wobbly and she can feel the blood draining from her face, like the moment a jet takes off from the ground and it feels like her souls being sucked out of her. This is her dying. This is her dying and she's never going to be able to tell Robert how much he means to her because she'll be dead and alone and cold where Brandon can get her. And she's slouching and feeling sick and her heads bowing down into her chest and someone else, someone she can't see with her progressingly blacking out vision, is at her other side, helping her. Helping them and it's still Robert there too and she's trying to lean into him but the air isn't coming and she doesn't even think she's even breathing atoll.

Her feet are moving but barely with any self control as she's going along and the voices and scuffling are further off. She can barely see the blur of faces and her feet and it's all confusing images mixed into one. It's lights and everything's greying, going black and white. She doesn't want to go but she rather die than relive the nightmare of, of, of--

Then it's all fresh air brushing back her hair. The swoosh of it as she's whisked outside (maybe?) and it's sunny, feels sunny on her skin, and she's gonna die right here in this dizzying state.

Pushing the words out with extreme effort because she feels sick and slow, like everyone's falling away and all she sees is black spots. "M'going." Her eye lids drooping heavily along with the rest of her.

"What did she say?"

"Fuck, fuck. Just a few more--" and she's trying to stay upright but everything's jelly and falling out of her hold and she can't even tighten a single muscle.

She briefly recognizes the sound of a door opening and then it's warm arms around her, and she's dizzy. So dizzy and she's falling, dying, she's sure she is and nothing makes sense but she is set down gently on leather, horizontal, and she feels like she has no control over anything and it's terrifying.

"Bend her legs. Get them up. Get the blood flowing to her head." And her knees are bent and she's on her back, like a rag doll laid out. There's more sounds, loss of the warm touch, and then another door opening, fresh air gracing the top of her head and a soft hand tucking away the hair from her face. "Charlotte. Keep your eyes open. It's okay. You're safe. It's all fine. Just--can you see me?"

She wants to say all she can see is darkness--that she's dying, this is goodbye. That everything's blurring and she feels like she's falling through the ground to hell. She thinks she could throw up because her stomachs turning violently inside out. And her chest is aching, but it's dulling and her lungs feel used. But she can't make anything more than a few sounds. She wants to reach out, find Robert's hand because she's scared, and thinks, maybe, she's dying, and Brandon and everything.