Chapter 45

Day: 1230

Days Left: 4250

Lives Saved: 6

The Kraken equalled the dragon in size, though its long tentacles covered most of the battlefield.

The dragon paused, the gust from its wings not affecting the giant monster, the fire demon or the naga anymore as the Kraken blocked it.

What...

How did this tiny insect become so...

She remembered when this man came alongside the other three to propose a trade deal, how they all laughed when he said he could turn into an octopus...

No...

No, this isn't fair...

No...

The Land of the Lost was hers...

No one else's.

The dragon roared, gnashing its large pointed teeth.

The Kraken responded with an ear-splitting shriek of its own, its tentacles squirming and writhing on the ground.

How long could it survive without water? the dragon thought. How easily could its claws and teeth tear through an octopus?

The dragon raised its paw, about to strike when numerous tentacles shot out at such a quick speed the dragon could barely register it. The tentacles wrapped around its limbs, constricting it, unable to move and attack. Even the dragon's superior strength could not fight against the winding tentacles.

Panicking, the dragon attempted to retreat, using its full weight to combat the restraining octopus. The dragon managed to free itself of a few of the tentacles and took the opportunity to strike, sinking its teeth into the Kraken and tearing off a chunk of its flesh; however, the Kraken only became more agitated, wrapping its tentacles around the dragon's neck tightly with such force that some of the scales began to break, leaving the dragon finding it difficult to breathe.

A green light glowed in the dragon's stomach, expanding and brightening through its skin.

"Fire!" Princess Alfreda screamed, wondering if the Kraken could hear her when she was so small in comparison. "It's going to breathe fire!" She continued to shout until her voice went hoarse.

Finally hearing, the Kraken let go of the dragon's neck and wrapped its tentacles around its jaw, shutting it. With nowhere to go, the glowing light receded, the dragon quelling the fire inside from escaping.

Alfreda watched from below as the Kraken and the dragon continued to wrestle for control, the dragon only just stopping the Kraken from completely restraining it or strangling it, occasionally breaking through and taking a swipe at the Kraken, effortlessly slicing through its soft octopus skin.

But with each strike, the dragon's movements were becoming slower and sluggish, as if it was finding it difficult even to raise its paw now.

What's going on...

Why do I feel so...

The dragon's eyes widened as it noticed that all those tiny mushrooms the toadstool monster had left behind had grown and spread, covering its entire body in spores. With each one it saw spout, more of its energy seemed to disappear.

That mushroom, that fucking mushroom after all this time...

Losing so much strength, the Kraken began to win the fight over control.

The fire demon glanced at the dragon's underbelly, still covered by the broken crater of the underground Land of the Lost. She couldn't easily reach it, even with the dragon preoccupied.