She Plays Your Guitar

You lean down to give Jenna a quick kiss. "I'll be back soon, my love. Text me if you need anything."

Jenna nods, and you exchange goodbyes before you head out.

Once you leave, she goes to your home studio, where you keep your guitars.

She picks up one of the guitars, the same one she chooses every time. It's your first guitar and the one you were playing when she first heard you live.

She makes her way to the couch and strums a bit. She grabs one of your guitar picks and pulls out her phone.

Jenna searches for the tutorial on how to play her favourite song and begins practising.

She successfully plays a portion of the song before getting frustrated as she messes up the chorus.

She's been practising this song for about two weeks. She first learnt the basics of playing, which took a while. Once she got the hang of it, she first learned your favourite song.

She's always wanted to play the guitar. She was fascinated by the way you effortlessly play while in the studio.

All she wanted to do was bring the smile she adores to your face by performing it for you.

While she's been so focused on trying not to mess up while practising, she didn't realise you came home to pick up a notebook with lyrics you forgot to take.

You were now leaning against the wall of your studio, a broad smile on your face at her strumming your favourite song while she sang quietly.

She stops playing for a minute, feeling annoyed at being unable to play the chorus properly.

"You want any help with that baby?" you call out, making her gasp as she looks up at you.

The same smile she loved was on your face, already bringing butterflies to her stomach.

"I keep messing up the chorus", she mumbles, putting the guitar down gently and letting out a soft sigh.

You grab one of your other guitars and approach her, sitting beside her on the couch.

"Well, it's lucky you've got a talented girlfriend who could teach you, huh?" you tease, elbowing her side playfully.

She chuckles, kissing your cheek. "I wanted to surprise you by learning your favourite song and playing it for you, but now it's ruined."

You turn to her and shake your head, putting your finger to your lips. "Hey, I'm good at keeping secrets. I won't tell, I promise"

She laughs, wrapping her arms around you and kissing you softly. You put your guitar aside and kissed her back, smiling against her lips.

"Baby, you're so wonderful for wanting to surprise me with that, but I'm more than happy just to be here and teach you to play anything you like. I was hoping you'd ask me to teach you at some point, but you never did," you chuckle, pecking her lips.

Jenna caresses your cheek softly, smiling. "How about you teach me, and then we can sing and play it together?"

You nod, kissing her forehead before grabbing your guitar. You spend the next few hours taking it slow, watching her try to play and explaining where she went wrong if she messes up.

Before you know it, she manages to play the whole song without a hitch, and you grin, tackling her in a hug.

You kiss her face and smile at the giggles she lets out.

"That was amazing, my love. I'm so glad you let me teach you."

She smirks at you. "You know, darling, you might come to regret that because now that I can play, I might just come for your career."

You laugh, pecking her lips. "Or, we could surprise my fans at one of my shows and perform it together?" you raise your eyebrow, smiling.

She shakes her head, cuddling into you and sighing softly. "Nice try, but that's never happening, babe."

You kiss her forehead, holding her in your arms as you smile. She might say that now, but you have a funny feeling she'll come around to the idea.

Total words: 680

A/N

I got this idea from that picture of her with the guitar and went with it.

I'm planning to post a few requests later today, so thank you for being patient with me :)