Beginning of the End

The Finale: Part 2 of ?

I never knew Punz that well. I did remember distinctly him being a member of the Eggpire, but not one that made it an every day goal to sacrifice me to their plant.

Apart from that, the only memorable thing I knew about Punz is that he was the one to lead the attack that put Dream in prison.

So for the most part, we were on neutral ground with each other. He was against Dream from what I had seen.

"Punz?" I asked.

He had a neutral expression that matched his monotone response. If he had any motive for being here, I couldn't seem to see what that could be.

"Hi Y/N." He responded. "It's been a while."

He wore a plain white hoodie with a black undershirt and black pants. The only distinctive accenting feature he had on was a gold chain around his ankle. His blond hair stuck out from under his hood and I noticed from the saturation in his bangs that it had began to rain again, and he was outside standing in it.

"Hey. You can come in, if you want." I said, stepping aside to let him in. He smiled slightly and nodded, taking a couple steps inside. I closed the door behind him and faced him. "Is there something I can help you with?"

Punz responded first only with a small, nearly inaudible 'hm' as if he was contemplating what to say next. One hand rested on his chin as he thought about what he said next.

"Actually you can." He said. "There's a...project I've been working on. And I was wondering if you could help me get it running."

"Project?" I inquired for more information. I barely knew Punz. Why would he ask me of all people for help? It made me uneasy. After all, despite him not being as involved, he was and could still be a part of the eggpire. "This isn't something for the Egg, is it?"

I took a step backward, and that seemed to alarm Punz.

"No! No it's nothing like that, promise." He held his hands up in surrender. "I'm trying to trap some creepers so that when a storm comes, they'll be in place to become charged." Punz said. "Problem is I can't lure the creepers into the trap I've set while still dealing with all the other monsters."

I took a look at the clock, and Punz looked with me, as I could tell from my peripherals, and looked back.

"And this is something you needed help with at 1 in the morning?" I asked. I didn't plan on getting much sleep tonight in the first place, but the point still stood. I crossed my arms and shifted my gaze to one of suspicion. "And why do you want my help of all people anyway?"

Punz seemed to already have assumed I would've asked something like this, because his response was quick. Maybe he was just...nervous? I'm not sure, but his response was a little too fast. Almost automated. Like he had rehearsed. But that would be ridiculous.

"Well mobs like that don't exactly walk around in the daytime, last time I checked." He retorted. Fair point. I hadn't really thought about that. "And I didn't really know who to go to. Anyone would be fine, I suppose. But a member of the Blade family seemed like a pretty good choice for someone to go into combat with."

I thought to myself for a moment. I had plenty of supplies, and had done everything I really could to prepare for the plan later today. I still had around four or so hours before first daylight, which should be plenty of time to help Punz with this project of his. Although I still wasn't quite sure why he asked me of all people. Relative to the blood god or not, anyone with a little bit of experience would be just as good at helping him out. Whatever, I suppose I owed it to him for using his tower temporarily, even if he didn't know I was there.