Chapter 61

Dedicated to these lovelies:
@esmi399
@teenreadernck
@Lillykoz8
@bigtimerushlover14
@kaykaykoa

Canaan Smith - Love You Like That
I love country music tbh!
___________

-Hannah POV-

Nate leaned closer and closer.

His arms on either side of my face. His warm breath against my cheek. Is he gonna kiss me or? As if on cue his lips inched closer to mine slowly. I can't let him.

"Uhm Nate...whatcha doing?" I asked quickly pushing my back into the counter.  He shook his head as if breaking a spell and looked down.

"Fuck...shit...uhm...fuck...forget that just happened." He mumbled and scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

"Nothing happened." I said shrugging trying to be casual but I was dying . Well nothing did happen on my side, on Nate's side? I don't know man.

"Right." He nodded. The awkwardness was thick in the air and I wanted to run out of this house. "Well you should shower, Maggie said she's gonna pick you up soon."

"Should I help wash the - "

"No Hannah. Its cool." He said turning around.

I didn't say anything and just dashed to the room to shower. This was the most awkward breakfast ever and I couldn't wait to be gone.

-

"Hey you okay?" Maggie said as I hopped in her car. I smiled and waved at Nate through the window as Maggie drove off. As soon as we were out if sight, my smile faded.

"That was fucking awkward!" I sighed.

"What?" Maggue laughed. "Staying at Nate's place?

"No that was all great at first, really! But this morning oh my god Mags." I hid my face as Maggie looked at me with wide eyes.

"He kissed you?" she gasped. This is why Maggie and I are best friends, she just knows when something happened.

"He tried to!" I laughed. It was actually stupid come to think of it. "Thank goodness he didn't though."

"Jack would have flipped! This is so insane Han." She chuckled. "I swear if another one of his friends fall for you I wouldn't be surprised."

"Nate doesn't like me." I shook my head. "It just happened I guess..or almost happened."

"Woah don't tell me you have feelings for Nate!" She gasped dramatically. "Because you sound like you're disappointed it didn't happen."

"What? No Maggie!" I laughed.

"Hey Han! You know I won't tell Jack if you do! You can tell me, we're like bestfriends now. I wouldn't blame ya because dayyum he is bangable" She winked.

"You're high right now." I punched her arm playfully. "I'm married and should NOT be thinking of that."

"Married schmarried." She waved away jokingly. "Admit that you think he's hot."

"Well I guess he is kind of cute I suppose." I shrugged.

"Ha! Ya lyin!" She rolled her eyes.

"I'm gonna push you out of this window." I laughed.

"Did you wanna kiss him?" Maggie wiggled her brow. I turned scarlet red.

"Just drive before I kill you." I rolled my eyes but had a smile on my face.