The Wolf who fell inlove with Little Red Head

Akaichi: As usual, if you spot some mistakes please tell me so I can do better. Constructive comments are nice too. Thanks.

This was inspired by Kagamine Twin's song, The wolf who fell inlove with little red riding hood.

**

Since Hinata was a small kid, his uncle Suga has been forbidding him to wander around near the forest. He wasn't even allowed to think of anything related to it. Uncle Suga said it was for his own safety.

There are stories around town that there live a vicious and morbid wolf inside the said forest.

People who dared to enter it either didn't come back or came back badly wounded.

The villagers feared the forest.

Except for Hinata.

"Or maybe they just fell off a cliff or got lost and died of hunger or something. We shouldn't blame every misfortunes they had to the wolves you know. They're just animals. They act on instincts."

He once told his classmates when he walked in on them talking about the latest "victim" of the wolves.

Tanaka scoffed, "But those stories are told by the people who came back from the forest. Said they saw it themselves."

Yamaguchi nodded to that.

"I think Hinata has a point." Noya interjected, "maybe they're just too shy to tell people that they're dumb enough to fall for their own traps."

Noya and Hinata high-fived.

Tanaka tried to rebut it as Yamaguchi silently watched them. There's no point arguing with these two when they're so set on believing into something. They're known to be the most hardheaded and stubborn pair in their class.

However, the incidents continued. It stayed the same for months, men coming back soaked in their own bloods, deep scrapes marking their skins. After a year, the forest became off-limits to all.

Not until a pandemic spread through out the village, killing many lives more than what the wolves had done.

Many were killed. Men, women, children and the elders- no one was able to escape. Those who got sick weakened until breathing almost felt like a torture for them. It's a slow kill.

And the only cure to this disease is a rare kind of herb that can only be found at the heart of the forest, said the oldest village physician.

But no one is courageous enough to dare set foot to the forest.

"What do you think you're doing? Are you crazy?!" Uncle Suga reprimanded him when he walked in on him in his room packing his things. Suga tried to get everything he had put on his bag out of it. "This is insane!"

"I know Uncle Suga. But if I didn't do this, no one would. Someone has to step up and be brave enough to get the only cure to this disease. I don't want to see anyone suffer anymore Uncle. I'm doing this for everyone-- I'm doing this especially for you."

Suga dejectedly sat on Hinata's bed. He himself was stricken, the disease slowly sucking off the life out of him.

"I can't let you do this Hinata. I can't let you go to that death-trap called forest. It's so dangerous!"

Hinata kneeled in front of Suga and hold his uncle's hands and squeezed it gently.

"But I have to."

Suga was about to speak again when the front door of their house banged open and entered Noya, with a shaking Yamaguchi and grinning Tanaka at his back. All of them have backpacks on their backs.