Chapter 21

The next morning, everyone assembled in the field. "Alright students come here," The trainer called. We all dragged our bag packs and came towards him.

"I'm Trainer Soohyun. I'll be your trainer for this 3 days 2 night camp," The trainer spoke and there wasn't much responds from us.

"Alright guys, please settle your bags at the side of the field, come back here and form a circle. We'll play an ice breaker game," he instructed and we all did as he told us to.

We all gathered back and sat in a circle on the grass patch.

"Alright. When I say 'disperse', all of you exchange your seating positions and sit randomly in a circle, fast. Then, we will play a short game where you have to say the name of your friend on your right side, then shake hands with him or her. Then, you all will change seating positions again and it will repeat for a few rounds," The trainer spoke.

We all nodded and understood. "DISPERSE," he shouted and we all ran to sit randomly in a circle. The person on my right was Hoseok. Everyone casually played the game, knowing each other's name and some even did unique handshakes. Everyone started coming up with cool and funny handshakes with every round. It was pretty fun.

"Alright last round, disperse!"

We all ran around again and stumbled to find a seat. I finally found an empty space and sat quickly. Seojun sat on my left and I smiled at him. Moments after, everyone found a seat, then I turned to my right to see who it was.

I gulped, it was Taehyung.

"Okay, Hyejin, you can start first," The trainer said. Ugh, shit. Seojun and I exchanged glances. I didn't dare to look at Taehyung.

Everyone clapped the beat and I have to say his name following the rhythm, then do a handshake with him.

((Clap-Clap)) "Kim-Tae-Hyung," I murmured.

I turned to him and put out my hand reluctantly for just a simple handshake. He shook my hand fast and quickly looked away, turning to his partner on his right.

I gave a sigh of relief when the game was over. We all went for a water break.

5 mins later, we returned to the field.

We were told to set up our tents, the girls on the left side of the field and boys took the other half of the field.
After that, we headed to the outdoor basketball court.

"Alright guys," the trainer talked, "We'll now be having our outdoor cooking activity. I'll get you guys in groups first."

"Mina, Jin, Jungkook, Shinhye, Jongsuk, Group 1..."

There were 7 groups divided and the ones left are me and the people whom I'll be grouping with. I smiled when I saw Seojun.

My group members were Seojun, Jimin, Hoseok. Oh there's one more. My heart skipped a beat when I realised he'll be in the same group as me.

Taehyung.

"Eh hey man," Jimin put his arm on Taehyung's shoulder.
"You're too short to put your hand on my shoulder," Taehyung said to Jimin. Jimin immediately removed his hand and put his hand in his pocket.

Taehyung and I stole glances at each other, but I tried my best to avoid awkward eye contacts.

We all had to gather in our groups, and Seojun stood close to me. He said just incase Taehyung was going to hurt me, he'll be there to protect. I rolled my eyes because he was too conscious about it.

"Alright, send a representative to get the cooking equipments," Trainer Soohyun said. Hoseok and Jimin pointed at me.

I sighed and was about to go get it but Seojun told me to sit and he went to get it.

"Your boyfriend's so helpful huh," Jimin teased me.

"Yeah, that's why he has a girlfriend and you do not have any," I hissed at him.

"Yah you!" Jimin was about to argue back but Seojun returned to us with the equipments.

We sat in a corner of the field and lit up the wax cube. With our 'mini stove', we boiled water over the fire.

"Oh yes, I forgot to get the instant noodles and hotdogs," Seojun said. Hoseok and Jimin went to follow Seojun to get the ingredients, leaving me and Taehyung alone.

It was awkward, Taehyung looked away and I was just adjusting the pot with the boiling water, pretending to check if the fire's still on.

Just then, I accidentally knock the small metal pot, and unfortunately, it toppled and the hot, boiling water poured on my hand.

"Aaagggh!" I freaked out at my hand. Taehyung turned and saw me in pain.

"Yah what happened?" He said and saw the toppled metal pot and my scalded hand. "Oh my god..." he held me by my arm and made me stand up. He asked the trainer's permission to bring me to the medical room.

**

"Ouch!" I whined. Taehyung was pressing the towel soaked with lukewarm water against my scalded hand a little too hard.

"Okay fine I'll becareful," he said. Once the burn has cooled, he applied paracetamol then covered the scalded area with a layer of cling wrap.

"There," he said and gently caressed my hand, and I was flustered.

"Thanks," I said, and we went out of the medical room and back to the basketball court.

**

"Hyejin!" Seojun called for me when he saw me return. He held my hand gently, "What happened?"

"Nothing, I just scalded my hand a little bit. Should be fine," I said and gave Seojun a weak smile.

I saw Seojun giving Taehyung a glare.

We continued cooking as per normal. Minutes later, the cooking was done and we all ate together.

"Say ahhh," Seojun said to me.
I smiled, I opened my mouth and he fed me.

"Aigoo, so cute," Jimin made fun of us yet again.

"Yah Taehyung say ahhh," Jimin said and scooped a spoonful of baked beans and brought it to Taehyung's mouth. Taehyung rolled his eyes.

I slightly smiled, but my attention turned towards Taehyung whom wasn't really having fun.